• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constantin Overseas "Deep Stream" : Review

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
Shazam!

i-wzgqKK7-X3.jpg

Ballface

20/6/12
Anyone know if this gorgeous thing is still available from the dealers? I might shoot an email at Tony and ask him personally.

alf91501

Known Member
25/4/09
Wow - that's a sleeper of a watch for sure! Beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ballface

20/6/12
Anyone know if this gorgeous thing is still available from the dealers? I might shoot an email at Tony and ask him personally.

Here's an update: The watch is still available, I received QC pics from Tony 5 minutes ago :)

Ballface

20/6/12
I'll post some pictures once I get the watch :) My order was sent a week ago as I had to reject QC earlier on (Tony did the professional thing and replaced the watch no questions asked, top TD!).

daz1201

I'm Pretty Popular
29/9/11
I want to order the overseas but am torm between which dial I should get...What dp you guys think

1. White
2. Black
3. Grey

Thanks for the help guys..

Ballface

20/6/12
Maybe these pics will help you decide! I finally got around to taking pictures of my Deep Stream :) Fantastic watch!

FUwknfY.jpg

GCfCP6s.jpg

KF1MB3B.jpg

kyCRId8.jpg

Mini review:

The Deep Stream is definitely a special watch among the reps available right now. When I received it I was not ready for it. It was classy. It was refined. And it was ready to face anything. There are many other things I could say about it, but in its core it is a watch built for versatility.

The Deep Stream comes with a high-end, sporty, steel bracelet with a deployant mechanism. A leather strap that transforms it into a dressy watch that could totally cause awe at a president's dinner party is also available, and as you can see I could not leave it behind with my purchase.

What I love about the steel bracelet combo is that it's built to cause a petite reflection to the viewer's eye at every angle, truly a sign of an excellent design. Whether it is the hour markers or the polished parts of the bracelet or the case, it is a watch that causes little sparks and catches everyone's attention almost by accident. It also makes the watch seem more robust, almost like it was meant to take a beating. I simply love it.

The leather strap causes mixed feelings. It is probably the most uncomfortable strap I've ever had the misfortune to experience. It's VERY stiff and mounting it is a pain, as is adjusting the deployant. It will take an eternity to conform to your wrist. I definitely recommend the "wrap around a dry deo stick for a night or two" trick I happened upon in the past. Once you get past the utter shittiness of the build quality of the strap you'll begin to realize that it's probably the most beautiful combination you've ever seen when paired with the watch. It is in perfect symphony with the anthracite dial and the half Maltese cross logo looks killer on the clasp. You can use the watch on the leather in any occasion without any regrets. It's great, and while it's in some ways lesser to the bracelet (stiffness, mounting difficulty) I heartily recommend getting one.

Now, the watch head itself: LHOOQ described its downfalls quite thoroughly in his excellent OP so I won't go into that. What I appreciate the most about the watch is that it's built from several different materials and has a lot of different finishes, making it quite extraordinary and unique among its rep peers: the titanium bezel, brushed top of the case, polished sides and the anthracite dial are the things that make the watch. I'm delighted that the rep makers paid attention to replicating these details. Whenever I show the watch to someone and tell them of the fine details they're amazed how cool the combination is, and how can I afford something like this (then I tell them that it's a rep and they still wonder how can someone get such a neat watch for such a meager amount of money. It's awesome). The dial has one downfall, though: while I think the anthracite dial is wicked cool, the polished arabics and hands make reading the time somewhat difficult at certain angles with certain lighting conditionts. A matte dial would be better, functionality-wise. If you don't treat the Deep Stream as a tool watch (let's be honest, it was never meant to be one) it won't be a problem, though, and I personally think the pros of anthracite outweigh the cons, it just looks stellar.

One last thing: the lume is utter shit. Definitely the worst lume I've seen. Welp.

Even with its bad points the watch is definitely a keeper for me. I hope you enjoyed my honest review!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Now why was this never pinned?
I can fix that :)

gsiguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/13
Thanks!