• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constantin creates world's most complicated watch

niki1977

20/8/15
Wow

That's a challenge to rep :)

http://www.gizmag.com/vacheron-constantin-57260-worlds-most-complicated-watch/39462/

2gw5g9i.jpg

D

d4m.test

As a piece of mechanical engineering, it's pretty incredible. As a functional timepiece, it's a little beyond even occasional use. But lets face it, anyone who bought one of these would put it in a glass display case in their home.

niki1977

20/8/15
As a piece of mechanical engineering, it's pretty incredible. As a functional timepiece, it's a little beyond even occasional use. But lets face it, anyone who bought one of these would put it in a glass display case in their home.

In a glass display case in their home, in a huge walk-in vault, guarded 24 hours by a small but effective army

dmxzor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/4/15
Have no idea who would need watch like this.. otherwise I think it should stay at Geneve as a piece of art.

Uncleeegz

Getting To Know The Place
2/8/13
I think only one was made and since it took 8 years to design and create chances are it may remain a unique testament to VC's mastery of horological magic. As for actually using it - imagine what challenge it will be to reset all the complications if and when the watch stops :) On the other hand the owner should have no difficulty hiring a special watch butler to look after it.