• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

User guide to the A7750 movement.

superflysocal

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/23
USA
As far as I know is there would be no issue but the reserve power will drain very fast even if you're wearing it. And for some instances the time on your watch will be wrong as the reserve power go low and the time will stop for some time then move again then stop.

I tried it before. =)
From the research i did, movements with horizontal coupling such as the Valjoux 7750 is NOT recommended to leave the chrono on all the time due to wear. I assume it is the same for the A7750.

superflysocal

6/2/23
USA
Have this movement on my rep Navitimer that I wear on daily basis.
Just curious, if I leave the Chrono run 24/7.. it can damage the movement or cause any kind of issue?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk
From the research i did, movements with horizontal coupling such as the Valjoux 7750 is NOT recommended to leave the chrono on all the time due to wear. I assume it is the same for the A7750.

superflysocal

6/2/23
USA
What is the current consensus on free spinning rotors on the 7750? Is it advisable to open it up and tighten and/or lube the rotor?

superflysocal

6/2/23
USA
What is the current consensus on free spinning rotors on the 7750? Is it advisable to open it up and tighten and/or lube the rotor?
I went ahead and opened mine up. I opened the screw that held the rotor cover but could not figure out how to remove that cover. It doesn't come off like in other watches. But i did rub a tiny bit of silicone grease hoping it got down to the bearing. I put the crew back on and closed the backcase. What a difference! No more free spinning rotor! No more scratchy noise! Yes, you can still hear it but not any worse than most automatic movements. It hasa more stisfying winding noise, not the annoying scratchy noise. Not sure if it was the silicone grease or just the tightening of the screw that did it, but I suspect it was the silicone grease.

Reactions: ExtraExtra