• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPS shipping times to the U.S

Mr.Wick

Horology Curious
19/2/23
USA
I was wondering if anyone who used UPS shipping could shed some light on their experience. Ordered from a TD and experience throughout the order process was excellent. Since my tracking number confirmation to today I’m at 10 days with “label created” status still showing. Can’t see any movement. Was shipped UPS ground too which I thought was odd since all my international shipments from FedEx/UPS were international priority and I receive within 3 days or so. I know ordering times range while some report 10 days to receive up to a month or more. I’m patient and have no problem waiting. But is it common to not see any activity at this point? I paid more for UPS being told it is safer and quicker 🤷🏽‍♂️

TimeFlyz

Known Member
Supporter
22/1/23
USA
I generally let the TD decide what they think is best , they do a lot of shipping and have a better access to a lot more data. generally i dont track much until it lands in USA ( so common issue) and sometimes it lingers at certain depots .
Expect the worse but hope for the best. I keep my expectations low and hopes high and so far no problems.
Follow up with a post and pic when you get it and a review for TD.

Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Since my tracking number confirmation to today I’m at 10 days with “label created” status still showing. Can’t see any movement. Was shipped UPS ground too which I thought was odd since all my international shipments from FedEx/UPS were international priority and I receive within 3 days or so. I know ordering times range while some report 10 days to receive up to a month or more. I’m patient and have no problem waiting. But is it common to not see any activity at this point? I paid more for UPS being told it is safer and quicker 🤷🏽‍♂️
This is totally normal. Generally speaking, our packages get sent via a clever method that will not show any movement until it arrives in the destination country, but dramatically reduces chances of your shipment getting seized.

Our TDs know the best shipping method to your destination and you should simply trust them and have a bit more patience.

If only 10 days of waiting make you nervous or annoyed, this may not be the right hobby for you.

Reactions: TimeFlyz

Mr.Wick

Horology Curious
19/2/23
USA
This is totally normal. Generally speaking, our packages get sent via a clever method that will not show any movement until it arrives in the destination country, but dramatically reduces chances of your shipment getting seized.

Our TDs know the best shipping method to your destination and you should simply trust them and have a bit more patience.

If only 10 days of waiting make you nervous or annoyed, this may not be the right hobby for you.
Like I mentioned I’m patient have no problem waiting. And it’s not the least bit annoying. Was just seeing if the lack of movement and no tracking ability at day 10 was normal. In the future I won’t pay more for shipping if it all takes time and doesn’t make much difference at all.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Like I mentioned I’m patient have no problem waiting. And it’s not the least bit annoying. Was just seeing if the lack of movement and no tracking ability at day 10 was normal. In the future I won’t pay more for shipping if it all takes time and doesn’t make much difference at all.
Did you ask for a "faster" shipping method? Or did the TD suggest this pro-actively, i.e. without you asking for it?

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Like I mentioned I’m patient have no problem waiting. And it’s not the least bit annoying. Was just seeing if the lack of movement and no tracking ability at day 10 was normal.
You said so, yes, but you still asking suggests that you are at least a little annoyed. 😅Which is okay, nothing wrong with being a little annoyed. Like I said, it's totally normal to not update for up to several weeks after label creation!

Reactions: Mr.Wick

Mr.Wick

Horology Curious
19/2/23
USA
Did you ask for a "faster" shipping method? Or did the TD suggest this pro-actively, i.e. without you asking for it?
I asked Specifically if he offered UPS and if it would be a better option. I have vendors that ship to me from China that use ups or FedEx and I get things in a few days. Granted it’s international priority. So when I asked, I just assumed it would be faster and was willing to pay a little extra. Thought it would also be less of a risk for loss or theft during transit. He conformed that it’s safer and faster. So we went with that method.

Mr.Wick

Horology Curious
19/2/23
USA
You said so, yes, but you still asking suggests that you are at least a little annoyed. 😅Which is okay, nothing wrong with being a little annoyed. Like I said, it's totally normal to not update for up to several weeks after label creation!
Ok thanks for confirming this is all normal!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Strong possibility that the watch is being shipped to a person in the US that has the UPS label that will ship it from within the US. I forget who does it like that, but I've had it done like that by a TD. I think it was Sead.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I asked Specifically if he offered UPS and if it would be a better option. I have vendors that ship to me from China that use ups or FedEx and I get things in a few days. Granted it’s international priority. So when I asked, I just assumed it would be faster and was willing to pay a little extra. Thought it would also be less of a risk for loss or theft during transit. He conformed that it’s safer and faster. So we went with that method.

Normal procedure is to let the TD decide how to ship. They will, by default, select the cheapest, safest and most efficient method for you.

Mr.Wick

Horology Curious
19/2/23
USA
Strong possibility that the watch is being shipped to a person in the US that has the UPS label that will ship it from within the US. I forget who does it like that, but I've had it done like that by a TD. I think it was Sead.
That makes sense. Pic of the ups ground label had a U.S ship from address. And I didn’t think you could send a ground package out of China 🤨

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
That makes sense. Pic of the ups ground label had a U.S ship from address. And I didn’t think you could send a ground package out of China 🤨
That's what I meant by "clever". I love this kind of shipping. It will arrive at your address as a domestic parcel. 😁

Reactions: mclarendude

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
That makes sense. Pic of the ups ground label had a U.S ship from address. And I didn’t think you could send a ground package out of China
This is normal, thankfully. You'll just have to wait till it hits their person in the US, it should be this week. Also remember it is a holiday weekend here.

Mr.Wick

Horology Curious
19/2/23
USA
That's what I meant by "clever". I love this kind of shipping. It will arrive at your address as a domestic parcel. 😁
Ah I see exactly how it works now. Thanks for the schoolin fellas!
This is normal, thankfully. You'll just have to wait till it hits their person in the US, it should be this week. Also remember it is a holiday weekend here.
Yea I am thinking the same thing. Hopefully it’ll touch down in the U.S this week sometime.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Enjoy it! And don't forget to post images!

Mr.Wick

Horology Curious
19/2/23
USA
Enjoy it! And don't forget to post images!
Watches arrived safe and sound Thursday 3/2. Happy so far. Noticed some single dates on the Sub look a little low. The double digits were fine in QC pics so wouldn’t have known. Common?