• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated Royal Oak Tourbillon by R8 Factory are out

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
99.9% of regular folk have no clue of the brand except for Rolex

I am hoping it’s comes out soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's out - just ask your TD for the price and pay them! Will probably be the same price as previous R8 tourbys

BalugaWhale

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/11/20
99.9% of regular folk have no clue of the brand except for Rolex

I am hoping it’s comes out soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Exactly no one knows anything about watches ... wear it with cinfidence and it's going to be ok

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Here is a video review I found:
11.3mm thick

The watch doesn't look bad, all things considered. But as legend alluded to, get this piece if you don't care if it's a rep and will tell people that, otherwise telling people "my rich uncle gave me this" isn't gonna cut it lol.

Yes E you understand completely.

Replicas of tourbillons, repeaters and high end grand complications are mostly fun novelty watches and their detail accuracy shouldn’t matter at all. These watches are rare enough in gen and owned and worn typically by the guys who have the millions in the account and most of the time, several other luxury watches in their collection. It is quite meaningless for the average guy to be spending a few hundred on such reps and start worrying about details of the watch, forgetting that the wearer in 99% of these cases are the main tells.
There is nothing wrong for anyone to buy any of these reps but these are watches one should just buy and wear for fun rather than saying that this or that detail isn’t accurate to gen. It takes a credible owner to pull off these watches convincingly. Even if the replica watch is 1:1 on the wrist, or even if the gen is worn, it is not like it is like the quotidian and ubiquitous Rolex Submariner.
The main tell of such watches is always the wearer. It is ironical that if one is not able to afford the gen of these reps, then he will be the weak link in the ownership credibility and not the watch.
These watches can be worn for fun of course but I feel that there’s no need to discuss accuracy of the details in such rep models.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Updated mouvement at the back and working power reserve, pretty sweet!

I'm pretty sure the power reserve isn't functional. I don't speak Chinese, but Google Translate sorta works on the subtitles, and it looks like the person presenting the watches says that the power reserve indicator is an "imitation" which I take to mean "non functional".

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I'm pretty sure the power reserve isn't functional. I don't speak Chinese, but Google Translate sorta works on the subtitles, and it looks like the person presenting the watches says that the power reserve indicator is an "imitation" which I take to mean "non functional".

Google translation worked horribly in this case, but you are right, the power reserve indicator is faux and not working.
I am a native Mandarin speaker and must say that the narrator described the features of the watch very comprehensively lol.

Reactions: Allure and dogwood

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I've been asking my TD (Andrew at Trusty Time) if he can get these and his reply was "It will take some time to source for them"... I know in theory all TDs are able to source all the reps from different factories. But in practice I've noticed that certain TDs do/don't list certain factories (e.g. Andrew is so far the only TD to list the new subs from RF -- as far as I know). Does anybody know if there's a TD who has a good/close relationship with R8F?

Reactions: Mike664968

bleedinglottery

Patron
Certified
7/8/19
Germany
Here are a few of the most recent pictures. I asked about availability and they are in stock as of now.

jqf7xY.jpg
jqfvXs.jpg
jqfNWD.jpg
jqfRQk.jpg
jqfffo.jpg
jqf0uW.jpg
jqfGhJ.jpg
jqfSnP.jpg

But God fucking dammit. Whose dick do I need to suck to have this dial made?
​​​​​​Or is it possible to have this dial custom made Natas78 & @legend
jqfJIQ.jpg

Last edited:

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
Which one, bottom one?
It’s possible but the tourby looks different in last pic

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
In stock at which TD? I’ve been asking my go to TDs (Trusty and Pure) and they’ve both said it’ll still be a long time to source these.

bleedinglottery

Patron
Certified
7/8/19
Germany
Reviewing the pics it seems like only the first is from the new batch hence the tourbillon. And the other ones from old batches? (gold tourbillon?)

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Last pic doesn't have the power reserve needle either. Maybe an old JF version?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
To be honest I much prefer the first caseback. The middle ones (watches with rubber straps) have a decorative plate with cut outs that don’t have gears under them. In theory this is the more gen-like back plate because the gen movement would have wheels in the gaps, but without those gears it just looks weird. A backplate design that was a hybrid of the top and middle would be best. The tourbillon bridge of the middle ones with the radial pattern backplate without the gear holes cut out would look best to my eye. Will post a pic of what I mean later when I’m not on mobile.

Reactions: bleedinglottery

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone

mine…arrived yesterday…oredered from Li ( jtime) only asking him info about this model.

he send me a few of pics and then ordered.

no post in his catalogue…

Reactions: dogwood