• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Unscrewing screws on a AP JF bracelet

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
How?! How?!

Well, on each sides one of the screws unscrewed immediately while I have issues to unscrew some screws on other segments/links of the bracelet in order to resize it for my wrist.

Most of them came out 90-95% but miss to unscrew completely. While the one previous mentioned unscrewed easilly the others which got to 90-95% I had big issues to unscrew. Tried to oil the ends where is the thread but no luck for me.

Am I missing something? Is there some tip & tricks that I can apply?

I've tried searching the forum but without luck..

I managed to make some light marks on the bracelet with the screwdiver and I am too nervous to try to do it today.

In the meantime I've asked my dealer for a replacement one by sending this shitty one to him..

Btw, is that a common problem with the bracelets? This is actually my 1st watch with a bracelet..

42ec071bfce1c773cd8b4bfefca34eb6.jpg
b7f81a58863eee0872ab36dcdde3c0e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIONONE

28/4/17
Better soak the bracelet or the part with the screws in WD-40 before untighten them. There is always little dust from brush finishing process etc. etc. between the screw heads and the holes.
After a night or so in a bath of WD-40 they will come out better. be careful not to scratch it even more :D
Some recommend a ultra sonic bath after reassemble the bracelet and give it a bath in baby oil. Then clean the bracelet and apply some Locktite on the screen heads before correcting the fitment. There are some threads about the "ultra sonic bath mod" for bracelets to feel more gen.
Good Luck!

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Thanks..
I oiled it today but looks like I need to soak the bracelet with WD40 as you advise..will try that overnight and see if it does the work.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Put bracelet in boiling water. The heat will "melt" the thread-lock adhesive.

You can use a hair-drier as well

Wd40 and oil baths etc take ages

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Put bracelet in boiling water. The heat will "melt" the thread-lock adhesive.

You can use a hair-drier as well

Wd40 and oil baths etc take ages

Thanks for the additional tip..now I have too many options on how to solve the issue LOL

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
@mech500 your tip worked (soak in boiling water)..it was still not easy to pull them out but I have succeeded. Thank you, I owe you one..

Finally the bracelet was reaized to fit my wrist.

Watchtrader93

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/17
I got a JF 15400 and I unscrew the head but the pin on other side is not budging what so ever,any ideas?

sean182

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/12/17
Australia
Know this is a little old, but I also had this problem with my V3 bracelet - pin doesn't budge and a pain if you don't have the right tools. (Get the right tools!)

If your Desperate;

take a office pin - push pin - the coloured ones with the plastic on the end. file off the sharp point (to avoid scratching) stick in and give gentle taps - that will get them out :) works for me

Tweetybird87

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/11/21
Thank you, I use tweezers to pull out the pin but always afraid I might bend it during the process