• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Marlin is awesome!

watchpt

Renowned Member
31/3/06
Hey Guys, I just got a Marlin Swiss pam217 from a M2M sale. This is one of Marlin's earlier modifications that he did last year. As such according to Marlin, it does not have the longer MM screw and SN mod. Everything else is the same as his current mods. When i contacted Marlin to confirm the buyer and mods done, he graciously offered to mod those two differences for free. Marlin really stands by his work and goes way beyond expected. I am going to wear this as is for a little while before I send it in. I'm already in love with it! Here are some phone pics taken at my office!
20130802_135153-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130802_142337.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

watchpt

Renowned Member
31/3/06
Thanks guys! Feel free to post your Marlin watches as well. I know there's a similar thread on Marlin's forum but maybe this will bring even more well deserved attention to his work.

hidefguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/13
Awesome! I sent my noob 111n V3 to Marlin to get modded, cant wait to get it back.

hidefguy

26/4/13
Hey, are you on avsforum?

Funny you asked, the first forum I joined was a home theater forum hence the username "hidefguy". I just used the same name for every forum I ever joined LoL. Anyways I havn't been active in any home theater forum in forever.

watchpt

Renowned Member
31/3/06
If its highdeforum then I was an active member there too. I'm a home theatre and sound guy myself

watchpt

Renowned Member
31/3/06
I took a chance and bought this without ever seeing one in person. The pictures do not convey the presence this watch has in real life. The domed crystal, the golden hands and the Marlin modded movement just take it to the next level. I know it's a rep but I like it better then my gen pam88.

nynogood

26/7/13
Are the current 217 and 127 models considered super reps?

From what I have read and the fact that they're sold out everywhere, I think these may be VERY well made, compared to previous generations at least.

Also, aren't they kinda cheap at $350-$400? Surely not complaining, just figured that reps of this quality would be much more expensive.

I'm new to the rep world so these considerably affordable prices just blow my mind!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Are the current 217 and 127 models considered super reps?

From what I have read and the fact that they're sold out everywhere, I think these may be VERY well made, compared to previous generations at least.

Also, aren't they kinda cheap at $350-$400? Surely not complaining, just figured that reps of this quality would be much more expensive.

I'm new to the rep world so these considerably affordable prices just blow my mind!

Last versions from Noob were very good Super reps
They had many problems of crystal distortion on last batches and maybe due to that maker stop production and is trying to get a solution
I hope to have soon a new batch of these magnificent replicas

ALE

nynogood

26/7/13
Last versions from Noob were very good Super reps
They had many problems of crystal distortion on last batches and maybe due to that maker stop production and is trying to get a solution
I hope to have soon a new batch of these magnificent replicas

ALE

I see, thanks for the info Ale!

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Very impressive warch!

May i post one or two pics of my 127 for you guys to compare with this awesome watch from Marlin?

What i dont like in mine is that, the dial does not look to eyes, black enough and that maybe, the glass is not so sharp...

watchpt

Renowned Member
31/3/06
Very impressive warch!

May i post one or two pics of my 127 for you guys to compare with this awesome watch from Marlin?

What i dont like in mine is that, the dial does not look to eyes, black enough and that maybe, the glass is not so sharp...

I'm am not an expert on the pam 127 but feel free to post pics. Maybe the experts here can chime in.