• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UBoat U-42

bigred8215

10/6/13
I've had one for about a year and a half now. Still runs great. However it got stuck one day when I let it run completely down. But after a hard hit on the back, it's been smooth sailing. One note, the strap sucks. I'm trying to find a good replacement now myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Just get it! It's a bargain for sub $200 and stunning watch! It just happened that it wasn't getting any wrist time (probably because too many new arrivals to my collection) so it had to go but I really miss it now. :/

I've had one for about a year and a half now. Still runs great. However it got stuck one day when I let it run completely down. But after a hard hit on the back, it's been smooth sailing. One note, the strap sucks. I'm trying to find a good replacement now myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check this out!

Perfect strap for it I suppose. :) (it was a long time ago and it's a work of Bronzy, he's out of strap making as far as I know but never hurts to ask)

tsubixx

Horology Curious
29/6/15
Just get it! It's a bargain for sub $200 and stunning watch! It just happened that it wasn't getting any wrist time (probably because too many new arrivals to my collection) so it had to go but I really miss it now. :/

Check this out!

Perfect strap for it I suppose. :) (it was a long time ago and it's a work of Bronzy, he's out of strap making as far as I know but never hurts to ask)

Where was this purchased from?

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
I believe it was from Sead originally but if it's still available, any TD can get it for you. It's in $170-180 price range if I remember correctly.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I hope some factory can rep the U42 again with real limited number on it, and better. And also the rep the GMT version too. The GMT look nice!
I use own a gen U-42 52mm was cost me $5000 when they first release the eta-2824 version, the over all the watch have nice design and very nice heavy huge box, but the down side the locking bezel system is suck, easy to broken, I only own in a month, the locking system is not working. So, I think too much trouble ship the watch back to u-boat for repair, I was sell cheap at ebay, let the new owner to deal with it. Otherwise, I miss that watch.

Known Member
15/3/14
Just to share my U42 on Kain heritage strap
20171114_092421.jpg

Silvercid

Horology Curious
5/10/18
Deutschland
I am searching for a U-Boat U42 UNICUM - I found some in the net - but none of the sites convinced me to hit the BUY Button.
So -if you can give an advice - I will be very thankful mates.
Berni from Germany

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
I’m looking for a 47mm U-42 if anyone has one for sale, will pay dealer price for the right one in great condition.

about time they launched a new U-Boat rep!!,

Reactions: Greig