• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

U-Boat Chimera - is it always from the same factory?

madroid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/17
Hello,
I was looking for a U-Boat Chimera in bronze and found a few. They are all around 400$ and look almost the same - the only difference I spotted so far is the "Limited Edition No." Other than that they seem the same. Here are some examples: https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=19892 and http://chazingtime.co/product/u-boat-bronzo-11-best-edition-brown-dial-brown-leather-strap-a7750/ as well as Toro Bravo (website seems down atm) all have the watch in stock.

My question is: are all the watches basically the same and share the same parts from the same factory or might every seller have its own supplier from U-Boat watches?

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Hello,
I was looking for a U-Boat Chimera in bronze and found a few. They are all around 400$ and look almost the same - the only difference I spotted so far is the "Limited Edition No." Other than that they seem the same. Here are some examples: https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=19892 and http://chazingtime.co/product/u-boat-bronzo-11-best-edition-brown-dial-brown-leather-strap-a7750/ as well as Toro Bravo (website seems down atm) all have the watch in stock.

My question is: are all the watches basically the same and share the same parts from the same factory or might every seller have its own supplier from U-Boat watches?
The reference one you mention is a lovely example but it it too brassy it should have a chocolate look the same as the genuine. Can't wait till it is repped as it is stunning.

Sent from the RWI App

late

Known Member
23/9/12
Hello,

Yes, I'm 99% sure they are all from the same maker. Great reps IMO. If you get one, make sure you check the screws holding the strap. Mine came loose and i lost one.

madroid

21/4/17
Yes I will buy one today :)
Thanks for the information! Any other advices on what to check at the QC-pics?

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Yes I will buy one today :)
Thanks for the information! Any other advices on what to check at the QC-pics?
This is a stock photo of the genuine and I wish it was prepped.

99b28fdc3aa01036c3c9e31ddab643d2.jpg
76aaaabc02ce851c550e6ef299f6ac04.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

madroid

21/4/17
Well this watch is repped. But only with quartz movement. I have one by myself :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
Well this watch is repped. But only with quartz movement. I have one by myself :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI
How's the fit/finish of the quartz version. What's the case back like?

madroid

21/4/17
How's the fit/finish of the quartz version. What's the case back like?

All in all for around 100€ I can't say anything bad about it. At the moment it is at a watchsmith because the seconds-hand was stucking when shaking the watch too hard. In the meantime I got the bronze Chimera from a TD here so I could make a comparison as soon as I get the watch back.
For the caseback: mine is sadly the back from the U1001 which really annoyed me at first but now I don't care anymore since nobody sees the back anyway. That's my watch:
fdc433bdbe055d30ce1e27e83a80fa18.jpg
b9715db1ac2b1b5004cc620a840387a8.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
All in all for around 100€ I can't say anything bad about it. At the moment it is at a watchsmith because the seconds-hand was stucking when shaking the watch too hard. In the meantime I got the bronze Chimera from a TD here so I could make a comparison as soon as I get the watch back.
For the caseback: mine is sadly the back from the U1001 which really annoyed me at first but now I don't care anymore since nobody sees the back anyway. That's my watch:
fdc433bdbe055d30ce1e27e83a80fa18.jpg
b9715db1ac2b1b5004cc620a840387a8.jpg

Sent from the RWI App
Thanks for the pics. It's not bad looking at all. Please post your impressions about the bronze chimera.

madroid

21/4/17
Thanks for the pics. It's not bad looking at all. Please post your impressions about the bronze chimera.
It's simply amazing! Stunning, how good a watch can look :) For me it was worth every penny, but let's see how long it will last (the only thing I'm scared about since I have no idea where to get spare parts for this replica)

madroid

21/4/17
Thanks for the pics. It is a smart looking watch. Wait till it develops some quality patina.

Well to be honest - I hope it won't develop it.. I love the watch how it is at the moment.. is there a was to stop patina with some paste or so?

Sent from the RWI App

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
I not aware of a paste that could stop the patina chemistry. You could remove the patina every few weeks with tomato ketchup. Works great and takes just 5 mins.

bp1821

Horology Curious
2/2/11
Where did you find the Quartz version? I really like the B&B and would much rather have that then the all Bronze.