• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TW Vanguard Racing + ABP Vanguard V45 V3

APboyboy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/17
I think the biggest telltale sign is the datewheel which is completely off. Anyway, it is also hard to rep a skeleton dial

cc1119

Horology Curious
26/3/17
Sydney
FM is still far from having a super rep. Factory just managed to get a close font on vanguard

Lezzare

Supporter
Certified
29/1/09
SG
I received the TWF Vanguard Racing Carbon today. Despite its flaws compared to gen, the watch itself is beautiful and very well made. I am saying this as I owned the gen Vanguard TI+RG. I couldn't find any gen pics of the black dial version I bought, hence this can be considered a fantasy? I think it doesn't matter anyways since there are so many variants of the FM Vanguard.

Lezzare

Supporter
Certified
29/1/09
SG
No love for this watch it seems...anyway I bought a nylon strap to replace the suede ones. I think it suits the carbon case better.

Reactions: Hasselbaink

Rplau32

Horology Curious
5/11/13
No love for this watch it seems...anyway I bought a nylon strap to replace the suede ones. I think it suits the carbon case better.

Hey dude. You are right, it is a fantasy model. The correct one is the one with the red accents. It is a special edition based on "Rally Maya" a shit race down here in Mexico lol. My theory is that they had leftover Carbon cases from the Carbon Krypton, and they are using them for these as well (The gen case isn't lumed, but the carbon krypton is). Anyways, love the watch! I wish more reps used the tried and true nh35, instead of the unreliable chinese clones. Enjoy!

Chudthastud

Horology Curious
8/6/19
Is TW better/different T​​​han OXF? Just looking at puretime that's the only fact I see with these models.

Lezzare

Supporter
Certified
29/1/09
SG
Is TW better/different T​​​han OXF? Just looking at puretime that's the only fact I see with these models.

I think they are essentially the same, just that TWF has clear caseback while OXF has blacked out caseback.