• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tutorials on spotting fakes now require equipment!

Audi_5k

Horology Curious
25/11/22
USA
Before a couple of weeks ago, the last rep I looked at purchasing was a black Rolex Sub nearly 20 years ago on a vacation to Cabo San Lucas. It was a pretty horrible watch. I now wished I had purchased it to see the contrast compared to today’s reps.

I’m amazed at how most “how to spot a fake” tutorials require at least loupe if not a watch maker to crack open the movement (Panerai particularly). I understand that there are still multiple errors that when added up can identify a rep. And I’m here to learn and in time, contribute to RWI.

I have a handful of gen pieces (Omega, Hamilton, Bell & Ross), but just picked up a pre-raid VSF Cermit and looking how to mod it.

Anyhow, I look forward to e-meeting you in the future!

Kurtoseas

That chill guy
Certified
8/10/22
Welcome to the community and prepare yourself for a freefall into this rabbit hole 🤘

Reactions: Audi_5k

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Hi and welcome!
Looking forward to your contributions!

Reactions: Audi_5k

Kurtoseas

That chill guy
Certified
8/10/22
@Feefo btw I have been seeing your banner pic, and it is a great one! I don't know if you are Turkish or not but regardless Yigit Ozgur's stuff is hilarious! Kudos sir.

Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
@Feefo btw I have been seeing your banner pic, and it is a great one! I don't know if you are Turkish or not but regardless Yigit Ozgur's stuff is hilarious! Kudos sir.
Hey hi! No, I'm Italian actually. I don't remember when or where I picked that up, but when I stumbled upon it I tucked it away like I do with similar things that have the power to make me always smile, regardless of the situation. When I enrolled here I thought it fit, I try not to take myself too seriously, or at least in venues like this one, among friends. I love this place because of the opportunity to meet people like you! Kudos to you, too!
And to the new member, whose thread we're brazenly hijacking 🤪

Reactions: P..DR..D

Kurtoseas

That chill guy
Certified
8/10/22
@Feefo it is indeed hilarious and makes me smile whenever I see a post of you. The artist of that comic is Yigit Ozgur. He is one of the best in Turkey, unfortunately, most of his comics are available only in Turkish. I am happy that this one made it out to the international waters 😁

On another note, I am personally always a fan of some good old discussion forks happening in these kinds of threads. Hope our new member is too!

bubble butt buns GIF

Audi_5k

Horology Curious
25/11/22
USA
Tangents are welcome. However, booty-shaking dogs probably belong on a forum secretly monitored by PETA. :p