• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

trusty's new sub

cntrl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/06
anyone seen it or know anything more about it? listed for $488 with a lot of mods done..
what do the in-house rolex gurus think?

mickyblues2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/07
Yeah I tried emailing River a couple of times with no reply. I wanted to inquire about his TT Blue Sub, but nodda!!!!

Vertexon

Looking Around
26/9/07
cntrl said:
anyone seen it or know anything more about it? listed for $488 with a lot of mods done..
what do the in-house rolex gurus think?

I have to say that the pictures need to be updated on the site. You won't receive the EXACT same watch as pictured (at least the only differences I count are the crown size and the bezel insert), but the watch you will get is better though in some ways. It does have a wokky type dial though which seems to ruin it for most (lol, I've nicknamed it "teh chinese 'deep' rehaut". Most other details are pretty good (especially on the bracelet and case), dial is sharp, date magnification spot on, and a nice polished sheen shines beautifully on the bracelet. Crown guards are above average I guess. The bezel pearl is better and shines in the light near like a gen does. The bezel pearl is not set into the bezel but sticks out a little though, thing is from certain angles it looks as good as the gen to me (I've been to an AD in the past, and from my memory, it seems fairly good to the touch). Lume is weak, as with most reps. And mine had a green holo sticker with the numbers 116610 .. I guess a typo. LOL!

If you read the paragraph above, I was "OK" on certain points, not excellent.. and sadly really that's what to expect gentlemen from this price.

I think that spending money on a cheaper sub ~$200 might've be a wiser decision though (and maybe replacing the bezel insert with an aftermarket after purchase), but the ultimate was one of my purchases nonetheless. This watch has many problems one can spot, and probably isn't worth the price. However, the services? I can't comment on that since I haven't been with it in the longrun yet. But so far I have to say it seems to be keeping VERY good time though (better than some of my other watches). I would still recommend a cheaper sub though. I guess some personal pics will only tell, I will post some later.

EDIT: Please refer to this topic for pictures:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33311

My final words are, overall, I'm happy with it. It operates beautifully so far, but I bet you can probably find/make a sub that will look better or just as good as this one. I haven't bought a ~$200 sub yet (I plan to soon). I think you can get good value from a sub in that range.