• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor black bay clasp

Malarky94

Horology Curious
17/6/22
Hi everyone,

I received my Tudor Black Bay today:

I really like the watch. It fits wel and it looks great. But I have a question about the clasp on the strap.
Even though the clasp clicks when I press it down and I have absolutely no fear of the watch getting undone by me moving, the lid isn't exactly all the way down.
I've googled pictures of real black bays and they also have a bit of a gap between the lid and the clasp itself, but my clasp is like standing a bit up, which I'll show on the pictures
(excuse the not so charming pics)

When I press down on it, it goes a bit further down, but still not all the way I am guessing it should be:

It's not like it's annoying in terms of the watch not fitting properly or having to be afraid it'll get undone.
It's also not like I'll cut myself on the lid standing up a bit.
But I'm a bit of a perfectionist. And although I fully realize it's replicas we're talking about and it won't be the real thing, this annoys me.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed and if so, how do I do it? Because even with my complete lack of technical knowledge, I can't see anything on the clasp where I could possibly begin to fix this.

I hope I explained it somewhat right, it's a bit hard for me to do so in English.
If not, feel free to ask me additional information.

Kind regards,
Malarky

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
looks like a cheapy looking at the pearl , where did you get it ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Malarky94

Horology Curious
17/6/22
looks like a cheapy looking at the pearl , where did you get it ?

A good buddy of mine deals in replica watches and I usually just tell him what I want and he gets it. All the replicas I've gotten from him so far are really good. This is my first ever Tudor though and this one because of the clasp issue is a bit dissapointing :(

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
well maybe he can get a new clasp for it , my guess is the holes for the retention balls are drilled in the wrong spot , and i dont know if that can be fixed

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I assume you mean this?
z2KM2c.jpg

either that or the holes in the clasp cover where they snap in

Malarky94

Horology Curious
17/6/22
I had the same issues on a Tudor GMT by ZF... I Guess Is a common problem.

Did you end up getting it fixed or just living with it?
I'm torn mostly because it's not really a practical problem, more like an aesthetic one. And since I'm a perfectionist, it bothers me.
But it's not like it's 'in the way' or anything like that.