• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay 58 v3 comming?

alix

Horology Curious
9/11/21
Europe
Does anyone know when a new v3 will come? At the moment I have the v2

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
I'd be surprised if we see one, as the V2 is already pretty good. I think the only major upgrade would be the dial texture, but that always seems to be a hard one for rep factories to replicate correctly.

hlkrbs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/20
If the crown tube would be short it is a NWBIG imo

alix

Horology Curious
9/11/21
Europe
I'd be surprised if we see one, as the V2 is already pretty good. I think the only major upgrade would be the dial texture, but that always seems to be a hard one for rep factories to replicate correctly.
Its true that the v2 is already a very very good one.

Reactions: HomeRye

WatchThisWrist

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/8/22
If the crown tube would be short it is a NWBIG imo
The crown tubes are shorter when ordering from TD’s right now. I’ve read on Reddit that there was a ‘silent’ upgrade with shorter tubes.

Reactions: alix

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Yes just got my QC 3 days ago and can confirm new variants have a shorter crown tube. Just beware of dial shift and indicies alignment as they vary widely QC to QC out of ZF with this model right now. My first two had the dial shifted so far down into the case the "Swiss Made" was completely under the rehaut.

Reactions: alix

WatchThisWrist

INMATE
2/8/22
Yes just got my QC 3 days ago and can confirm new variants have a shorter crown tube. Just beware of dial shift and indicies alignment as they vary widely QC to QC out of ZF with this model right now. My first two had the dial shifted so far down into the case the "Swiss Made" was completely under the rehaut.
Good to know, seems like they assemble them in the darkness sometimes. Got a black variant coming in soon, without that issue when I look at the QC

alix

Horology Curious
9/11/21
Europe
There is no movement in my order because the holydays i guess. Patience....

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

WatchThisWrist

INMATE
2/8/22
Yeah same here but should be over today I think

letchmi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22
I saw that the crown tube can be easy shaved using some sandpaper, anybody with experience in doing this? I have 340 grit and wondering if I should use a higher grit for the shave.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I saw that the crown tube can be easy shaved using some sandpaper, anybody with experience in doing this? I have 340 grit and wondering if I should use a higher grit for the shave.
I'm not sure this is the best idea unless you are comfortable removing the movement etc as you will be introducing shavings and dirt into the crown tube (and movement) if not removed and case cleaned after.

lordsvensson

Horology Curious
19/1/23
EU
Did you end up filing the tube down? If so, how did you proceed and are you happy with the results?

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
I shaved mine down a hair. I removed the movement, blacked out the stop point with a marker and stuck some rodico in the tube to block any filings from entering the case. For the filing I used a 1500 grit flat sharpening stone intended for a knife sharpening system but they work great for various case work. After the deed I pushed some fresh rodico through a couple of times and reassembled. Didn't have to deburr or anything since I used a high grit and soft strokes.

3erWJF.jpg

Legology

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
22/10/22
Uk. Ire
Will there ever be a bb58 Bronze released?
I'm considering Gen, but the NWBIG quality of the BB58 black and Navy has me stood down on those.