• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A52010 - Asian 23J

Maxsky

6/3/12
Hi guys,

Today I decided to try my IWC 500702 and so I pulled the crown out to set up the time. The whole crown and stem came out. :(

So I decided to open the case back, pushed the stem release button and put the stem back in.
Everything was OK I had the two position on the crown but I cannot set up anything. Locked :(

No need to mention that now I am stuck and I guess I have a problem with te keyless work or worse...

Can someone advise me what to do or point me to a guide or someone that could do the work ? Cause I am not sure it's an easy thing...

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

SL1234

1/3/16
Have you tried removing the stem again and re-inserting it ? i would try that .

The process of resetting the keyless is the same as any other. But familiarity with this movement would really be ideal. I think the movement is a modified Sea Gull but i could be wrong. It's the dial/date wheel side of the movement that needs to be dismantled. The decorated side can be left intact i would think. But the movement does need to be removed from the case. Along with the dial, hands. Then date wheel, plates, etc. The sub dial hands in particular are tricky to remove and re-install because the pinions are extremely delicate and can snap easily. If you have never worked on a keyless or movement before i dont think it would be a good idea to try this movement first. I would recommend either try to find a repairer on RWI who can help. or send it back to the TD for repair/replacement. Another option is find a local repairer who is happy to work on reps.

If you still want to go ahead and try yourself at least practise on a cheap movement first.