• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trouble moving hands on a 2892 - can anyone help?

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
I fear it might be a keyless works issue, but when I turn crown clockwise it moves the hands but sometimes the stem turns without moving them and makes a clicking sounds, then it starts moving the hands again. When I turn the crown anti-clockwise the hands move and are as smooth as the cream in a Twinkie.

Does anyone know why this might be? I'm hoping it's an easy fix

Rob B

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/11
Wow this is old. I am replying b/c I just ran into this myself. In my case directly on the opposite side of the release I was able to get under (very carefully w/ pin and push back on release. I then flipped her back ass up, and was able to jiggle the crown carefully turning while pushing back in and all was well.
Sorry as I am still in the tinkering stages and don't even know what half the names of things are, but I have found many times all is needed is a little jiggle-turn-push of the crown pin while movement is face down can many times take care of a release pin that has been pushed a little to hard.