• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Triple Fake Out w/ Pics

avenger007

Respected Member
Advisor
21/2/09
Triple Fake Out - UPDATED!!

This will be a little bit of a read, but pics will help those with the shorter attention spans. Feel free to skip ahead if you start to get bored.

I started really getting into the forum in late September and early October. I got to know several of you and took the advice here to heart. Read. Read. Ask. Read. Read. Read. Ask. Read some more. The more I read the more I came to realize I probably needed to ease into the rep world. All signs pointed to one place: Fakey's Corner. I think I read every thread contained therein at some point. It became very clear, for my first foray into repdom, Fakey was my guy.
I finally got enough nerve up to send Fakey a PM about ordering a watch, and much to my surprise....I was promptly answered. A few noob questions later and my decisions had been made. A Fake Master Seamaster Professional would be my first rep. I placed the order on October 6th and Fakey gave me a completion date of November 5th. All I had to do was wait. Easier said than done.
During this time Fakey graciously made himself available via Messenger, and I took advantage of his availability and proceeded to bombard him with all manner of watch questions. I also found out about his Bargain bin pieces and sniped a PVD Rolex GMT before he put it out on the forum. (Sorry, guys). Now I had two Fakey pieces coming to my door!
Yesterday, I received my much anticipated package. I carefully took out the two bubble wrapped bundles and started to unwrap them. No surprise since I ordered two watches. First was the Omega. Absolutely stunning. I thought I had an idea of what to expect from other member's pictures and reviews, but I was totally blown away. This watch is amazing. Then I notice that there is another watch bundled with the SMP. It is the GMT. It is awesome as well. I can't tell why it made it to Fakey's Bin. It looks fantastic. So that still leaves another bundle. I start to unwrap it and a beautiful Rolex Submariner is revealed. Attached is a note that reads "Congratulations on the new baby. Just pay me when you get the chance." Needless to say, I was blown away. I had told Fakey that I would be ordering a Sub from him at some point, but did not know when. If you know of another dealer that would send you a watch before you paid for it, please let me know. I didn't know what to say. I still don't. I've obviously been quite spoiled in my first journey into replicas. Hats off to you, Fake Master.

***UPDATE***
So I'm chatting with Fakey and several other members in the ChatBox the other night, and Fakey asks how my son is doing and says new babies can make money really tight. I agree and the next thing I know, Fakey tells me the Submariner is a baby gift. No payment needed. WOW!!

As promised here are some pics of the Tri-Fake-ta (and yes, I've trademarked that term) :

Fakey SMP
dscf2276.jpg

dscf2278.jpg

dscf2279r.jpg

Fakey GMT (apologize for the dust, my "cleaning cloth" was anything but)
dscf2285.jpg

dscf2289.jpg

dscf2291.jpg

Fakeymariner
dscf2281.jpg

I know this has been a very wordy Eyecandy post. Mods, please move if you need to. I just wanted to remind the forum of what an awesome asset this forum has in the Fake Master. His name is misleading, because he is absolutely a gen. Thanks for reading/looking. Thanks, Fakey!

JellyJoe

Respected Member
28/9/09
Nice watches, gratz mate. You are set with the essential ;)

Monicker

Known Member
9/9/09
I definitely concur on the ease of dealing with FakeMaster. Just bought my first rep from him recently and the FPO has become my favorite by far. Hopefully I can snag a bargain bin deal in the near future!

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
can you show us a close up of the gmt clasp?

thanks

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Congratulations on your watches! They look brilliant, all three. What a nice kick-off into your career.

Enjoy your day (I'm sure, you will :D)

Cheers,
Dr.Verylong

iphreak

Renowned Member
28/8/09
Very cool. It looks and sounds as if Fakey makes some excellent pieces. Enjoy.

avenger007

Respected Member
Advisor
21/2/09
can you show us a close up of the gmt clasp?

thanks

Here you go, Wat! Apologies for the finger prints. The bracelet is actually a Daytona. At some point I will probably go with a Nato on this one. Very rugged look.

dscf2298r.jpg

dscf2299l.jpg

Renowned Member
30/3/09
Fakey sometimes doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is very patient, communicates well and puts together some very nice pieces that are very well made made. He is also generous with his time abd the fact that you've received a "gift" from him I believe shows the character of the man.

You have a nice collection started congrats. Maybe the gift will end being the babies first watch when he goes to school.
cheers

Very generous of you FM!!!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I could bot agree more!
When I was new, Fakey took me under his wing as well. I owe everything I know to him... although he may want to fervently deny any input to what I "know" about reps!
Nice watches, Avenger!!

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
You have a nice collection started congrats. Maybe the gift will end being the babies first watch when he goes to school.

Now that's a nice idea. I think that you should save it for the baby (well, assuming that it's a boy) and save a copy of the story you just posted for us (maybe even the chatbox convo, which I actually read, despite reading less than 0.5% of all of the chatbox lines).

There's no question that Fakey's dedication to this art and his willingness to share of himself is unparalleled.

Congratulations on your initiation. :)

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
Ive got 3 young kids, and since I became addicted - they regularly see adverts in magazines and other places and say "there's a beautiful watch for you, daddy!"

my 3 and 5 year olds have put watches on their xmas wish lists!

any rep kids watch recommendations? IWC dad and son???

avenger007

Respected Member
Advisor
21/2/09
Now that's a nice idea. I think that you should save it for the baby (well, assuming that it's a boy) and save a copy of the story you just posted for us (maybe even the chatbox convo, which I actually read, despite reading less than 0.5% of all of the chatbox lines).

There's no question that Fakey's dedication to this art and his willingness to share of himself is unparalleled.

Congratulations on your initiation. :)

The great thing about it being a Fakey piece is that it will probably be around when the little man graduates! Such attention to detail and quality. Fakey is the man.