• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tracking a package

toknee

Getting To Know The Place
31/3/06
I recently bought 4 watches from 2 deleaers.

1 dealer had packages shipped from Taiwan, and Canton-Mainland China.

The tracking of packages from EMS Taiwan was painless, updates were plenty, and the package arrived in no time.

I am now tracking a package from Canton-Mainland China, and aside from the initial activity that happened in Canton, nothing.

The package was shipped on 4/9, and no info of the package entering the US.

Has anybody tracked a package from Canton?

If so, how long did it take from shipment to delievery, I am on the east coast.

Thanks,

Roeod4

Respected Member
14/3/06
I have not had one from Canton, but EMS is famous for not offering information. When they and the Usps get together you will sometimes recieve the watch before they report it as shipped.

The 9th was on a Sunday so it probably didn't really go anywhere. If it did it probably only made it to the plane. It has probably only been in transit 2 or 3 days. It will probably hit the US today or tomorrow. From there you have to wait for customs sometimes, although the east coast is usually pretty easy, and then on to you.

Are you tracking at http://www.usps.com or are you using the horrible EMS website?

toknee

31/3/06
The tracking number is something like this:

EAXXXXXXXXXCN

I tracked both at EMS and USPS, they have the same info:

Your item left CANTON, CHINA PEOPLES REP on April 09, 2006. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

That's about all that I get when I track the package.

Man, I really hate waiting.

Thanks for the replies.

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
I recently had a package shipped from China on March 27th and I received it yesterday April, 12th. EMS tracking showed it leaving from China to New York on March 30th. It must have set in customs for a few days. It never showed up on USPS tracking...... it just showed up. BTW, EMS will not show any tracking after it leaves China.

The key to waiting on a rep that you have ordered is to not worry about it. It may take 4-5 days, it may take 2-3 weeks. Tracking is hit and miss. If after 3 weeks (from time of shipping) you still do not have your watch you should contact your dealer and not before unless you had some kind of special shipping arrangement.

Its hard to sit and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait........ but wait you must, it will show.

Roeod4

Respected Member
14/3/06
Yep, unfortunantly waiting is part of the game. However, it makes getting your watch that much sweeter!

TicToc

Known Member
17/3/06
If you hate waiting, then go to the mall and buy the real thing. You can put it on and wear it right out of the store and leave A LOT more money behind. Instant gratification has its price.

Tink131

16/3/06
Okay, here's the kit we all use for patience- don't you have one of these?? We all do!!! I thought everyone was sent one of these when they became a member!! :lol: [smilie=laughing6.gif]

waiting is serious stuff- need serious stuff to help!!
hypodermic8ma.jpg

Tink131

16/3/06
Thanks Chef!!

And I'm very happy to make someone smile- glad you liked it :D

Tink

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
[smilie=wav.gif]

Tink - I have to ask.... are those for a horse? They sure look big enough. :)

Tink131

16/3/06
Happy T,
I'm sorry you haven't received your kit yet, here is what it contains:

Assortment includes:
-One Lurline 5 cc, graduated, glass, hypodermic syringe in its original box
-One BD Yale 1 cc, graduated, glass, hypodermic syringe in its original box
-One Luer Lock, 2 cc, graduated, glass, hypodermic syringe in its original box
-One BD Luer-Lok Interchangeable 2cc, graduated, glass, hypodermic syringe in its original box
-One box of Eisele & Co. 1½-inch, rustless steel hypodermic needles in tube protectors. There should be one dozen needles in 6 tube protectors, but there are only 10 needles in 5 tube protectors.
-One box of VIM “Laminexâ€

toknee

31/3/06
TicToc said:
If you hate waiting, then go to the mall and buy the real thing. You can put it on and wear it right out of the store and leave A LOT more money behind. Instant gratification has its price.

Trust me I've been there, and at times have regretted doing it. Particularly on the recent passion purchase of my 37' Hunter.

It's probably just my personality, I own a service oriented company, and know the importance of getting things done in a New York minute.

These reps are a hobby for me. I buy the reps first, then if I really really like it, I'll buy the gen. I guess this all started when I started buying reps on Canal St, when I first moved to NYC. I found out about better reps, and bought some to see if theye were as good as the gen. Today, I still by the reps, because they facinate me. Still hate waiting, especially when you can overnight everything these days. Why wait, when the convinience is generally there.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
Tink131 said:
Okay, here's the kit we all use for patience- don't you have one of these?? We all do!!! I thought everyone was sent one of these when they became a member!! :lol: [smilie=laughing6.gif]

waiting is serious stuff- need serious stuff to help!!
hypodermic8ma.jpg
do i need to give you my address again? lol

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
toknee said:
.........especially when you can overnight everything these days. Why wait, when the convinience is generally there.

Everything has its price, including express delivery. I indulge in another hobby, cigars, which I may or may not source from somewhere other than the US. :wink: One can get a package sent from "around" the Middle East to the US, through customs, and to the door in 3 to 4 days for a price. It just all depends on if one is willing to pay it.

I did a little research on pricing with some of the different carriers and here's what I found on cost. I used the US and Malaysia as my shipping and receiving points and priced envelope and 1lb box rates. Was fairly consistent except FedEx Envelope Priority which could be an excellent deal if a watch would be able to safely travel in one of their envelopes.

FedEx:
1lb envelope priority $25 - delivery in most areas approx 24 to 48 hours.
1lb box priority $61 - delivery in most areas approx 24 to 48 hours.
There was no difference in cost to ship International economy which made the delivery time approx 4 to 6 days.

UPS:
1lb World Wide Express envelope $46 guaranteed 3 days
1lb World Wide Express box $66 guaranteed 3 days

DSL
Express letter $64 - delivered most cities 3 day
1 lb small package Express $64 - delivered most cities 3 days

As you can see there is a way to get quicker service but its gonna cost $60-$65 for it and of course thats not taking into account how much hassle it is for the dealer to use one of these services vs regular post.

toknee

31/3/06
I hear you.

With customs, and clearing houses, I suppose the dealers know how best to get our items to us.

I guess through experience, most dealers don't like UPS or FEDEX, because of the high seizure rates with these carriers.

If the dealers offered a shipping option of faster transient times, for an added cost, and if to me the cost was reasonable, I would pay it.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
For most of us, without knowing someone or somebody in the shipping business, we are left with little options of sending goods overnight. This goes without saying that we have to pay a premium for it too, often 10 times the price of normal international air mail. It's very fortunate of you if your country has excellent postal service. I consider Deutsche Post (Luftpost), UK Royal Air Mail and Singapore Post International Air Mail to be very reliable. Waiting for a watch for 4-6 days is reasonable to me.

Tink131

16/3/06
Josh posted this in the FAQ section- the important thing is to GET your watch:

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=114

Why pay more to have your watch seized?.......doesn't sound smart. As hard as waiting can be out of our deep desire to HAVE what we want, how much worse is the feeling of having it stolen. I'd much rather take my medication and wait an additional week and GET my watch than to only have to wait 3 days to have it seized- make sense?