• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Toro' Audemars Piguet 57th Street

RT2010

Known Member
16/11/12
Wait for a few weeks after the release - about 20% of the folks that purchased it will sell it back.

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
I think rondo got the hookup from toro.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

D

d4m.test

Whoah. Just noticed on Repgeek that there was a previous prototype dial that seemed way better than the one that will ship for this watch. I guess they rejected it because the ring around the subdials was the wrong color, but everything else looks great.

AcidGreen on Repgeek said:
The logo is correct and no ring around the DW. I'm still not sure why both were changed? Did the factory just refuse to make any further upgrades before release?

The ONLY thing they needed to do was make the subdial outer rings match the inner printing (copper/gold colour) and it would have been 100% perfect IMO. Judge for yourselves.
71677247_zps432a5d72.jpg

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
and they got the cyclops ring right , i mean no ring is right, lol so who is doing this watch with this dial if u dont mind me asking?

D

d4m.test

and they got the cyclops ring right , i mean no ring is right, lol so who is doing this watch with this dial if u dont mind me asking?

I have no idea. You'd be better off asking AcidGreen on RepGeek I guess. There's a link to the thread in my post.

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12
Whoah. Just noticed on Repgeek that there was a previous prototype dial that seemed way better than the one that will ship for this watch. I guess they rejected it because the ring around the subdials was the wrong color, but everything else looks great.
Agreed. This looks better than the one Toro posted.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Proto dials inner circular is way off guys, far far too big, current one is more accurate. Yeh the Ap logo is defo better and a shame they didn't use it.
Check out what I mean, few dropping off on Repgeek and not even received their Qc pics

7A17DC4E-1CE6-4AF4-9112-EA02ED212D25-8080-00000322B86CDA25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk S???R?I?????

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
They can keep dropping off. I bet you this watch sells out. Oh, and the inner part of the original is horrid. But that logo would've been better.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
Proto dials inner circular is way off guys, far far too big, current one is more accurate. Yeh the Ap logo is defo better and a shame they didn't use it.
Check out what I mean, few dropping off on Repgeek and not even received their Qc pics

7A17DC4E-1CE6-4AF4-9112-EA02ED212D25-8080-00000322B86CDA25.jpg

same rep game ,, fix one thing suck on the other, i like the one without the ring around the dw better still that is so big imho

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
same rep game ,, fix one thing suck on the other, i like the one without the ring around the dw better still that is so big imho

Haha, yes you have been in this scene too long nothing has changed, Ap logo looks to have gold paint inbetween the A&P, macro shots you know will always tell a different story, on the wrist a completely different one.
As for big rings, small rings what ever floats your boat bud, lol, I'm happy with my ring