• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Top Ten Bourbons, Where Are The Bourbon Drinkers?

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
Mine are:

1: A.H. Hirsch
2: Blanton's
3: Baker's
4: Booker's
5: Jack Daniels Single Barrel
6: Knob Creek
7: 1892 Ridgemont Reserve
8: Maker's Mark
9: Crown Royal Special Reserve
10: Woodford Reserve

DrmMaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/06
Wish i could participate.....But the only thing i drink...When i do

Is smirnoff Ice....lol,

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
For me, a beer or two (or three, four, etc.) is more enjoyable. I mean I like a decent Single Malt from time to time or a Brandy, and I am very fond of Red Wine, particularly Bordeaux, but Beer is my tipple of choice. Theakston's Old Peculier being my favourite, I favour Guinness in a Pub due to the scarcity of my top choice.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Pugwash has superb taste!
For me, a guinness, and enough of those followed by
a nice single malt... neat...
: )

'peculiar' not abailable here, mores the pity..

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
If I go wine, I drink strictly Cabernet and mate it a nice slab of tender beef. Beer I would have to with Lone Star from Texas, just kidding, Guiness room temp. Scotch The Glenlivet 18yr old. Brandy, Hennessey with a nice tightly rolled Hondurian. I can see we all have great taste in this forum.

ttgmt

Getting To Know The Place
2/4/06
Great thread!

1. Bookers
2. Knob Creek
3. Rebel Yell
4. Basil Hayden's
5. Maker's Mark
6. Jack Daniels Black
7. Woodward Reserve
8. Eagle Rare Single Barrel
9. Corner Creek Reserve
10. 1792 Ridgemont Reserve

Can't say I'm a regular will all of these, although I have had at least a glass of each. My all time favorite, though is still the old standard - Jack Black.

Now, let's talk about Scotches . . . .

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
1. Bookers
2. Knob Creek
3. Rebel Yell
4. Basil Hayden's
5. Maker's Mark
6. Jack Daniels Black
7. Woodward Reserve
8. Eagle Rare Single Barrel
9. Corner Creek Reserve
10. 1792 Ridgemont Reserve

Nice taste. Jack Black very choice for an everyday drink. You should look at my section on Weller's.

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
Ummmm... Crown Royal is not Bourbon. :D

Makers Mark here for bourbon.

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
If you want a little slice of heaven try a couple fingers of Ron Zacapa Rum neat with a good cigar. :wink: :D

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
Spiced rum? You like Cognac? Hennessy V.S neat with nice Hondurian.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
A Nice Drink.

An Old Groaner

2 OZ Bourbon
1/2 OZ Amareto
1/2 OZ Bitter

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
shutter_bug said:
Spiced rum? You like Cognac? Hennessy V.S neat with nice Hondurian.
i am all about that cognac and cigars. also spiced rum and vanilla coke. if i just drink regular rum and coke it's always white bacardi whith a little extra lime to smooth it out. ummmmm. lol.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
The compliment to a fine cigar is a nice glass of cognac, naturally, on-the-rocks.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
shutter_bug said:
The compliment to a fine cigar is a nice glass of cognac, naturally, on-the-rocks.
Now you can be nothing but American. Nobody outside the US drinks spirits with ice. :D

In fact, the US market destroyed traditional whisky. The Scots had to change the manufacturing just so it didn't cloud up with ice that the US market demanded in their scotch.

efnstefn

Renowned Member
3/4/06
Though purists poo-poo bourbon "drinks", give me a Mark and Ginger any day of the week....so long as it is after 11AM. That's half and half Maker's Mark and Ginger Ale. I prefer Diet Canada Dry as I'm a total wuss.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
Now you can be nothing but American. Nobody outside the US drinks spirits with ice.

In fact, the US market destroyed traditional whisky. The Scots had to change the manufacturing just so it didn't cloud up with ice that the US market demanded in their scotch.

Fine bourbon never gets ice. It is served at room temperature like real beer, that is, foreign. Although, Bookers bourbon, proof 120, I have to cut with ice 8)