• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Portofino Automatic 3565 Leather Strap Got Suggestions?

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Hey Guys,

I am looking for a replacement strap for this watch. The rep strap is plastic and pretty poor. Its 20mm and 18mm at lugs. 115mm/75mm.

What do you guys think of either:

IWA 11534
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IWC-Black-Alligator-Crocodile-Watch-Band-Strap-Bracelet-20-mm-20mm-20-18-New-/171157055311?pt=US_Watch_Bands&hash=item27d9c1674f

or Peterwatch acc

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=642175&rid=0

#6 style is what I need but it seems that strap the holes are not in a straight line. Anybody agree with me?

or ???

Suggestions welcomed.
or

dev1ant

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Personally, I'd go with the gen strap. $235 for a gen strap vs $170 for a PeterAcc strap. Only a $65 difference.

Tysodrum

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
21/8/10
Hi. I have and have gone down both roads... For these peter does great work. If you eve get into the big pilots, ya gotta go gen. For what it's worth, I ended up going gen all the way around on my IWCs...I have 5 of them. Takes some time but totally worth it. Anything below 400 is a killer deal. There's just something about gen...I don't know, maybe it's me but I really feel it. Tho on my dress PPs etc, the peter stuff is killer!

Anyway best of luck and post some pics!!

Check out Timepiecerepublic on eBay too. That is all gen standards and reduced prices. Out it LA.

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Hi. I have and have gone down both roads... For these peter does great work. If you eve get into the big pilots, ya gotta go gen. For what it's worth, I ended up going gen all the way around on my IWCs...I have 5 of them. Takes some time but totally worth it. Anything below 400 is a killer deal. There's just something about gen...I don't know, maybe it's me but I really feel it. Tho on my dress PPs etc, the peter stuff is killer!

Anyway best of luck and post some pics!!

Check out Timepiecerepublic on eBay too. That is all gen standards and reduced prices. Out it LA.

How would you compare gen to peterwatchacc, is the peter strap thicker?
Timerepublic has a strap for $25 :) hard to compare but it seems really good for $25.

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Personally, I'd go with the gen strap. $235 for a gen strap vs $170 for a PeterAcc strap. Only a $65 difference.

I was thinking along these lines, a little worried that it is not an actual genuine strap though. The seller doesn't have a lot of feedback as a seller and sold 2 other IWC straps already with good feedback though.

Not sure how I could verify.

tringuyen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/13
LPV Santoni Patina straps are pretty cool and unique. He's improved vastly from his first batch, it's pretty soft now. If you worry about his reference, he sells more to gen owners on TZ and WN than over the rep forum. Otherwise it makes no senses he keeps producing and have no sale.

Timerepublic cheap straps are "printed gator style". They're not real alligator..

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
LPV Santoni Patina straps are pretty cool and unique. He's improved vastly from his first batch, it's pretty soft now. If you worry about his reference, he sells more to gen owners on TZ and WN than over the rep forum. Otherwise it makes no senses he keeps producing and have no sale.

Well yeah they look nice but nothing like the Genuine IWC Santoni, also they are not even available for this watch as they only come in 22mm and up lug width.

The quality of the skin and the amount of raised texture is nowhere close to gen Santoni.

$(KGrHqVHJBkFIV4vdS!1BSMLO4FZ!g~~60_57.JPG

I think the Peterwatch acc straps can be close in appearance to a gen black alligator OEM straps but my question is in terms of thickness and softness how do they compare?

tringuyen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/13
Well yeah they look nice but nothing like the Genuinie Santoni, and IWC Santoni is not even available for this watch as they only come in 21 - 22mm and up.

The quality of the skin and the amount of raised texture is nowhere close to gen Santoni.

I think the Peterwatch acc straps can be close in appearance to a gen black alligator just not sure about the feel and thickness anyone?

You're right, but you don't pay 400-700$. You get what you pay really. OEM hides are high grade (way up there) and does cost 3-4 times the price of normal grade. This is where you get the raised texture.
But speaking of Santoni, it's all about the patina. He does a good job at remaking it. Of course not 100%.
But look at his new Panerai straps:
10418694426_faf9321b70.jpg

Peter's straps are good, thickness is pretty same as OEM 5 -> 2.8mm. But if you can get the OEM strap for 200$. Please go for it. It's way worth it.

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Peter's straps are good, thickness is pretty same as OEM 5 -> 2.8mm. But if you can get the OEM strap for 200$. Please go for it. It's way worth it.

Well I'm going to make an offer, I just hope its not a fake that ebay gen strap seller doesn't have a ton of seller ratings and the price might be to good to be true.

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
You're right, but you don't pay 400-700$. You get what you pay really. OEM hides are high grade (way up there) and does cost 3-4 times the price of normal grade. This is where you get the raised texture.
But speaking of Santoni, it's all about the patina. He does a good job at remaking it. Of course not 100%.
But look at his new Panerai straps:
10418694426_faf9321b70.jpg

I agree for a budget strap they look fantastic, might order one for my Panerai 183o.

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Well I'm going to make an offer, I just hope its not a fake that ebay gen strap seller doesn't have a ton of seller ratings and the price might be to good to be true.

Fake Seller Trompette beware, and ebay will do nothing he sells fake panerai and IWC straps for years.