• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help removing crown stem.

jm354

Known Member
28/8/09
I need to take the movement out of an Oris with what I think is a 21j movement. (Not a real chronograph) I'm trying to remove the crown stem but because there is no neon sign with a flashing arrow to show me what to do, I'm stumped. I know that the answer is here on the forum but I've searched and searched and can't find it. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Pic below

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I've never seen that movement before but the logical guess would be the flathead screw to the right, on top of the stem.

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
I've never seen that movement before but the logical guess would be the flathead screw to the right, on top of the stem.

That screw looks like it's near one of the chrono pushers not the stem? At first it looked like it was near the stem to me.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
You're absolutely right. I was way off. Now I see the little button for the stem. That picture was so large I was missing the big picture.

Just bring the stem out to the time setting position and then push in the little button with a sharp point. Be careful not to push it in too far, though.

Edit: After a 3rd look I'm not even so sure about that either. Hell, ignore my advice.........:lol:

jm354

Known Member
28/8/09
KBH & Fiddo,

Thanks for the ideas guys. As you saw, the screw is close to a pusher and the little button over the stem isn't a button at all. I'll try post a better (and smaller!) pic tomorrow.

kendog870

30/6/09
Did you ever figure out how to remove the stem? I am trying to remove the stem from the exact same movement and just cant figure it out. Ive googled it....searched youtube.....and scoured these forums to no avail! :frusty:

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
BUMP!

has anyone figured it out yet? I have a IWC Im trying to waterproof, but I cant get the stem out.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
There was another thread with the same or similar movement and the consensus was to pull out the stem to the winding position and look for a little lever. I'm not sure if that one was ever figured out either though. Search Wiz's posts for the last 2 weeks and you should find it.