• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Time graph results: when to be concerned enough to RL?

zazu27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/8/22
I see so many rep 3135 movements up for QC that are reading low (<260) amplitude and losing up to 10s/day that I'm starting to wonder how normal it is for the movements to just be poorly regulated from the factories. After the first few I saw I just assumed that the buyer got a dud movement and needed to RL and try again, but I see it more often than an in-range amplitude that I'm starting to wonder. What are everyone's thoughts?

AcmeSix

7/8/22
Florida
Watched a Rep 3135 get torn down on YouTube. The watch came from the factory awash in oil and debris. It looks like they use a wash system that also doubles as a lubricant. I just bought a watch with a VR3130 (used) that I will tear down clean and lubricate it and post befor and after results.

zazu27

9/8/22
Well that's alarming. I don't know enough or have the equipment to do my own teardown so I suppose I will go ahead and start calling repair shops to see who will be willing to crack open a rep haha

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
@AcmeSix is right. Lubricant abuse is not a victimless crime.

When I see a marginal amplitude on a QC, I’m thinking either the watch may not be wound. Ask your TD to wind the watch fully.

If it’s lower, I’m looking at a tear down, clean, and service.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
When I see a marginal amplitude on a QC, I’m thinking either the watch may not be wound. Ask your TD to wind the watch fully.
THIS.
But you must know that a 3235 for example is much lower Amp, my gen has fully winded 260-270.
Plus, TDs mostly dont correct the Lifting angle on the instrument.
plus / minus 10s is nothing bro...

Reactions: Slugger