• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thoughts on CUBANS

jxr95

Horology Curious
24/8/15
just went on vacation with my gf. stopped in aruba had the said Romeo Y Julieta and also a Montecristo.
they were both very very good, is the difference that noticeable? hardly
regardless its something you should try if you enjoy smoking cigars
i have no problem smoking a regular monte over that any day of the week
if you go on vacation find the first slightly over priced "CUBAN CIGAR" (what the name usually is haha) shop
and enjoy yourself

Crabber

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/12
You can/have been able to get Cubans shipped to your doorstep with guaranteed delivery...cheaper than Dominicans/Nicaraguans etc.

viol8r44

Known Member
11/11/14
Memphis, TN
OK I think I'm going to go for it, I found a few guys at work to go in on a box so it wont hurt the wallet so much so were going to try them out....now I just have to decide which ones!

zerosette

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/15
Are 30 who smoke cigars, especially Cuban, I'm lucky that in Italy today are easily found on the market, and so I can enjoy this unique pleasure...

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
On aggregate, Cubans are overpriced for sure. Overrated? Again, many are. Cohibas are extremely overrated. However, the best Cubans you find, will always be the best cigars in your collection.I keep a healthy mix of Cubans and non-Cubans.For me, Partagas D4, Bolivar Royal Corona, HDM Epi 2, Juan Lopez N2, Monty 2 are the best of the bunch. But I enjoy discovering more.There are a bunch of of other cigars from other countries which are amazing. Notably from Nicaragua imo.

markmelheim

Known Member
19/6/12
I enjoy between 3-5 CC everyday, Weekends sometimes 5-7 Expensive habit, But Its what I really enjoy.

Cigars of Habanos, & Cigar Terminal both in Switzerland ship Guaranteed to the US,
I've worked with both for Many Years and can attest to Authenticity, Duty Free Cigar terminal in Swiss is a city block with ruffle 100,000 sq warehouse 7 wholesalers ship from World Wide.

It's a site to behold, I had the pleasure of a tour several years ago when visiting Europe

http://www.cigarterminal.com/
http://www.cigarsofhabanos.com/

amgerpower

21/5/13
There are ways to get Cubans for reasonable money. But before going through the effort, its important to really explore the HUGE amount of cigars we have available here in the US. There is no one that can say that Cubans are better than any blends that we have here. Take the time to try a few high quality Dominican cigars, put together by proper blenders, and there is no way that you will be disappointed. Lots of cigar companies that are availbe in the US can go head to head with any Cuban variety. Don't let the stigma fool you into something that is constantly oversold. Go for a gloria cubana (Dominican blend), Ligua Privada (yeah I know, but they are a good smoke), Padron, Avo, etc...

Cronus4

2/10/15
Ok, I'm in CONUS and have yet to have the pleasure of partaking in a real Cuban Cigar. My question is to those of you who have access to them...do they live up to the hype? Lets say for instance a Romeo Y Julieta from Cuba how does it compare to a Romeo Y Julieta from the Domincan or Honduras? I'm contemplating making a purchase from cigarsofhabanos.com and just want to make sure its worth the hassle? Thoughts? Also any experience with cigarsofhabanos.com?

Every Cuban I have smoked has been leagues better than any other brand within the same price range. It might be my own confirmation bias or something else, but Cubans, IMO smoke much nicer, hit much harder and are way smoother.

Maahes

Known Member
3/4/15
In my opinion, nothing tastes as good as a Cuban Monetcristo #2.

You can't compare the same brands from different locations (Like Cohiba from Cuba or Dominican, or Romeo) as they are different companies, just the same name.

I have found great tasting cigars everywhere. I have had some amazing Jamaican cigars, great Dominican, but nothing is as amazing as a Cuban Monte #2. Again, just my opinion :)

I was about to chime in with the exact same suggestion, the Montecristo #2. There's a cigar bar at Limegrove Mall in Barbados that has aged rum and cigar pairings, and the 25 year Old Oak and Montecristo pairing knocked my socks off. Cinnamon, chocolate, and dark berries. Nice, slow burn, great nose, I'd have bought 20 boxes if I could. But then I'd probably have smoked them all.

Edit: http://www.limegrove.com/tenant/la-casa-del-habano/

If you're ever in Barbados...do it. Thank me later. And to the gent saying the Dominicans can compare? No, sir. Not on their best day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk