• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Falling 2, What should I do?

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
Ok, I got my SA rep a few days ago, and haven't taken it off since. I really like it. When I posted pics originally, someone pointed out that the tail of the 2 on the dial looks like it's falling.(pic below). It didn't bother me at first, but now that's all I see when I look at it...

The newness has worn off a little, I'm ready to address it. Looking at it closely, it seems that the backing of the 2tail is on straight, but the shiny overlay is a little crooked.

My question is, do you guys think this is something I can fix myself? Maybe a good squeeze with a pair of tweezers would line up the shiny part with what I assume is a "sticky" backing?

Keep in mind my limited skills, I'm something of a bull in a china shop once I get the back off.(I do have decent tools though). The only modification I've ever successfully completed without having to send the pieces to katt to be put back together was moving the PR indicator on my IWC BP faux PR, but I have taken a few backs off just to look around and been able to get it back together a few times...

What do you think, Should I go for it? What's the worst that can happen?

oops, forgot to add the pic:

DSC_0587.jpg

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
I think it's well within your power, bro. Just take out the movement, remove the "tail" with tweezers, put a very small amount of super glue on it, and reseat it properly.

I have faith in you. lol

imbisibol

1/1/11
yep, tweezers and super glue will take care of it for you.

just be careful with the dial.

question is, if it's glue a little harder, how can bigdeal take it off? that tail i mean.

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
Lol awesome... But 2 glasses of wine at lunch and a neighbor with a full keg means this project will have to wait... Thanks for the advice... Going to give it a try

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
Update:

I actually did it, and no harm done. I'm so proud... Still not 100% perfect, but good to the point that you'd REALLY have know what you are looking for, and even then, examine it carefully to even see it. The chrono hour hand was a little off too, I even fixed that...all by myself!

Thanks for the encouragement guys...

pic:

DSC_0597.jpg

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Great job, Big. I always feel so much more proud of a watch I'm wearing after I've done some mods/fixes to it personally. :)

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Nice job mate! Kudos to you for being brave enough to tackle it, too.