• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ferrari Palooza - Big sale over at Tony's once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Dont know if any of you saw this, but wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

Once more Tony is having a pretty crazy sale - for 4 PAM Ferrari models:

PAM880s1.jpg
PAM881s1.jpg

PAM883s1.jpg
PAM884s1.jpg

Each one is Priced at $150 and powered by an A7750 movement.

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
Thanks for sharing.
I haven't researched these. How accurate to gen? It states that all of them, with the exception of the RG, used the respective gen to make them.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
No clue on accuracy - just wanted to share the news. Every few months someone asks if there are any ferraris available, well now i see them on sale so wanted to let people know.

pseiko

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/14
Does he have a new website? It isn't coming up anymore.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
My thoughts on the reps.

1. Rose Gold - It's the replica of the FER00006 and a damn fine one. Nothing I can see that's terribly wrong on this rep except for the deployant buckle, which is supposed to have the Ferrrari horse engraved instead of the Ferrari text.
2. Yellow dial - It says it's replicated from the genuine FER00008, which would be a mistake since the FER00008 is a two subdial chrono model whereas this one has three subdials. I am not completely sure but I think this is a fantasy model.
3. California dial - Replica of the FER00030 Flyback Chrono. Obviously since the replica uses an A7750 movement, there is no flyback function but the chrono should work. The other flaws I can see are first the circles on the dial should have hour markers cut into them but they seem not to have this feature and second, the buckle of the deployant should be on the part that has stainless steel (the rep is on the swiss made side) but I don't even know if that's consistent. :lol:
4. PVD - Replica of the FER00038 Flyback Chrono Special Edition. Same as the FER00030 rep, this does not have the flyback function. The only physical tell here is the strap from what I can tell, the gen has a rubber and a ribbed leather strap, the rep has a croco leather strap.

With the exception of the yellow dial rep, the ones that are offered are worth the 150$ price of admission. IMHO, of course. ;)

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
Thank you very much for your detailed analysis mysterio!
You are an asset to RWI :angel:

I was eyeing the RG myself. It's about time I finally get one. I had initially ordered the RG VC Malte Tourbillon, but after thinking about the wear on such an expensive watch, I changed my order and went with the SS. This might be the one to get.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
My thoughts on the reps.

1. Rose Gold - It's the replica of the FER00006 and a damn fine one. Nothing I can see that's terribly wrong on this rep except for the deployant buckle, which is supposed to have the Ferrrari horse engraved instead of the Ferrari text.
2. Yellow dial - It says it's replicated from the genuine FER00008, which would be a mistake since the FER00008 is a two subdial chrono model whereas this one has three subdials. I am not completely sure but I think this is a fantasy model.
3. California dial - Replica of the FER00030 Flyback Chrono. Obviously since the replica uses an A7750 movement, there is no flyback function but the chrono should work. The other flaws I can see are first the circles on the dial should have hour markers cut into them but they seem not to have this feature and second, the buckle of the deployant should be on the part that has stainless steel (the rep is on the swiss made side) but I don't even know if that's consistent. :lol:
4. PVD - Replica of the FER00038 Flyback Chrono Special Edition. Same as the FER00030 rep, this does not have the flyback function. The only physical tell here is the strap from what I can tell, the gen has a rubber and a ribbed leather strap, the rep has a croco leather strap.

With the exception of the yellow dial rep, the ones that are offered are worth the 150$ price of admission. IMHO, of course. ;)

Impressive
Thanks
ALE

Lizard 1

17/7/14
Is Tony's site Watcheden? Sorry for the noob question... I see his name a lot and wondered which site actually as I checked it out and couldn't find it there...

Status
Not open for further replies.