• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A BIG shout out to Anopsis

Renowned Member
30/3/09
:thumbsup:
Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank Anopsis in public for his kind generosity in supplying me a link for my Breitling watch. Despite wanting to pay for it he offered it free and has even posted it to me free of charge.

"Big deal or so what" some of you may be thinking but not me. You see a small gesture on Anopsis part has actually saved me money because now I don't have to buy a whole band. Secondly it also shows a spirit of comeraderie that perhaps some of us take for granted or don't even care about.

Whilst many are quick to whinge and complain about purchases gone wrong etc, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank this forum and Anopsis. Will I be paying this kind of generosity forward?? Yes! I have in the past and will do so again in the future.

***** So think about this:- If you haven't donated to this forum ever or perhaps it's been a while since you last donated Think about kicking $5 or $10 into the forum fund. Think about how this site has helped you. ie:The advice you received, the knowledge you've gained from reading various posts and articles. And if ever the opportunity arises to help someone- no matter how small it may be- do it. Pay it forward and keep this forum a great place to hang out. *****

Once again Thankyou RWI & Thankyou Anopsis!!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
+1000

The generosity of the folk here never ceases to amaze me.
Dials, cases, bands. They have all come my way and offers of payment have been refused more times than I can count. Thankyou threads have been posted when the item has been used and pics have been taken but if I've missed anyone I'm sorry and a general thanks goes out to one and all.
Look out for a thread on 'the watch that the fora built' coming soon about a project watch that is almost totaly constructed from the generosity of folk here and next door at RWG1.1 It's been a while in the making as fora admin stuff has been taking so much of my spare time but it's gunna be a doozy of a SOSF when finished.

Col.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Thanks my friend, but it was just a link. :) Just like 747 said above, when you have the chance to help - and if you hang around here you will - pay it forward. When I was a rookie here I took the movement out of a Pam 111 and couldn't put it back in. A member fixed it and sent it back free of charge. Many members here (747 included) have exemplified this behavior by sharing their knowledge and parts without expecting anything in return. These are the guys that deserve praise, and the ones we should pattern ourselves after. Carry on. :anopsis: