• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Virtues of Patience

Chris3

20/3/06
I have been collecting watches for the last couple of years but just recently I took the leap into the replica world. I have purchased every watch I own on-line and have always had the same nervousness about if my watch was going to show up, would I like it when and if it did, so needless to say I am a dealers worst Nightmare when it comes to selling anything. I recently ordered my firat Rep from River and I am coming up on my 5th day and for the first time I'm not worrying about where my watch is or if I am going to get it at all. I think the forum has finally taught that Patience is truly a virtue. It doesnt hurt that I dont really need a new watch. I stil have plenty to help me tell the time. I discovered that the only thing I am feeling is the excitement to see what this watch is all about. I have been working on my second purchase but old habits do die hard and I just cant pull the trigger on a second watch without the first one being here. I know I couldnt handle waiting on 2 ( I am taking baby steps). So what the is the purpose of this post? Just a thanks to all you guys and girls for helping me realise that having to wait isnt a bad thing and that things will still turn out ok. :D

It also taught me how not to piss off all of the dealers as well 8)

erd04056

Renowned Member
2/4/06
I am going on 2 months waiting for my Vacheron to arrive. Ordered, they sent wrong one, I sent back, "MY COST!", They say it has shipped......waiting has become a zen kinda thing with this dealer. :lol: My only saving grace is that I used a credit card which can be used to get my money back incase things do not work out. 'Not a dealer on this forum'

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Chris: I am glad that you've the right mindset into this rep transaction. Same things apply when 1 of your rep watches spoilt... Get it repaired and life goes on. In fact I can assure that when a gen watch broken, you may wait months to get it repaired via authorized channel.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
aw shucks..
does not matter about genuine!

silly boy! :D

Life is Good!
Klink

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
the genuine has chance to break also :twisted:
Let's hope not ok!

willster

Renowned Member
15/3/06
I got started w/ reps (seriously) because of a broken Gen.

Had a rollie SD years ago that went to NY for service.....story goes way down hill from there...a nightmare.....was going to buy a Briet Gen recenntly like one my friend has...he sent his off for service (fix something)....four months later it showed up...scratched...dented and looking like ten milles of bad road...he wants to sue......I came here...forgeet the Gen....

For what I have spent so far I could have bought the Gen...but now I have ten reps and can afford to have them tricked out (or serviced) by the best

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
ach!! That's so true. If we go for good reps it's no longer 1 gen = 10 reps price. Sometimes we even dare to pay above $400 mark just to get the hottest thing on the market :lol: Still, it is much lower than the gen.