• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

jcguo0516

4/12/18
This is the pattern that got everyone all hyped about ABD. The new stuff looks like wood. Granted, not every single one of the new photos I've seen of the V3 look like shit. They may quality control issues with scaling up. That's never an easy thing to do.

but the thickness isnt right on the Z factory RM, sure Z factory ABD mod has a fancy bezel, but ZF RM has a higher score overall, better thickness, much improved bezel, (tho we havent see real life photos, my arriving very soon, like 2-3 days) and ZF rubber strap is way way way better than Z factory, trust me, i tried both, from all the given quality, i'm still gonna pick ZF, even when ABD score a 10 on the bezel, ZF has a 8 maybe

asuwere

2/6/19
but the thickness isnt right on the Z factory RM, sure Z factory ABD mod has a fancy bezel, but ZF RM has a higher score overall, better thickness, much improved bezel, (tho we havent see real life photos, my arriving very soon, like 2-3 days) and ZF rubber strap is way way way better than Z factory, trust me, i tried both, from all the given quality, i'm still gonna pick ZF, even when ABD score a 10 on the bezel, ZF has a 8 maybe

No disagreements about the ZF being the better rep.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
This is the pattern that got everyone all hyped about ABD. The new stuff looks like wood. Granted, not every single one of the new photos I've seen of the V3 look like shit. They may quality control issues with scaling up. That's never an easy thing to
I take it, you’ve never held a gen in your hand before, have you?
This new current pattern and bezel is correct for a genuine 35-02. Also more gen spec than the old Z factory bezels you’re talking about. They’re wrong in texture, shape and finish.

BIONONE

Respected Member
28/4/17
This new current pattern and bezel is correct for a genuine 35-02. Also more gen spec than the old Z factory bezels you’re talking about. They’re wrong in texture, shape and finish.

This man knows what he‘s talking about.

I second his post. Once you have seen a gen NTPT bezel in real life you change your mind about the super noisy texture of the Z maker carbon.

it was the most sparkling bezel at the time when it was released (ootb) - but they never got the marble pattern with the correct bit of individuality between visible layers right. Let alone the shape, screws etc.

asuwere

2/6/19

lol.

When did I say the Z as a whole is better than the ZF? Also, I am aware that the Z used a faux RM pattern using FC layers instead of the NTPT carbon. My issue is with the machining of the NTPT on the V3 by ABD. As I said, it looks like they have quality control issues with the NTPT. Some of them are coming out looking like plywood.

I knew this wouldn't be a popular thing to mention because you guys look deep into the hype here but it needed to be said. I mean, just look at the photos I linked on TT. You've got to be blind to think that looks like good work.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Some of them are coming out looking like plywood
Well, some of them may, trial and error. I haven't seen the pics on trusty as the page isn't working but most of them look pretty good. Don't compare based on QC.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

marblegranite

Getting To Know The Place
28/2/12
NEW RM035 BY ZF on Puretime!!

I never held a gen, but based on the photos from the richard mille website it looks like there is a wide spectrum of what the NTPT can look like. The V3 looks pretty good imo

Image from https://www.richardmille.com/collections/rm-35-02-automatic-rafael-nadal

UwwARgs_d.jpg

Last edited:

Qatar974

16/11/18
Qatar
Hello guys, did anyone got their QC from their TD other then puretime ? because my TD (which is a TD in this forum) informed me that ZF only produced small numbers of watches and need to wait one month for other batch.

TheDonSL

Respected Member
28/12/13
Hello guys, did anyone got their QC from their TD other then puretime ? because my TD (which is a TD in this forum) informed me that ZF only produced small numbers of watches and need to wait one month for other batch.

I heard it’s best to wait because there will be more improved parts after the first batch. Most likely puretime got the first batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

senator

3/6/09

i got my qc 3 days ago....
7407fa809cb352609b9bd74d6938de20.jpg

Reactions: YellowFin

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
How hard would it have been for them to coat the damn screws darker...!

follow up question, would it be hard for a modder to do so?

gclass

Getting To Know The Place
2/9/16
I believe there is a gif of the watch under the sun uploaded by this account in IG. The way to tell is the non moving balance wheel, and bezel pattern.

https://ibb.co/BL4Tds0

The bezel looks wonderful. Having had the opportunity to try out a real rm, this is quite close.

This account is not a trusted member here, plz avoid him. I just wish this to be used as a reference to the bezel under the sun.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17

Ryan @ intime

QC.jpg

Last edited: