• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Shah’s Rolex… allegedly

shocktech102

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
6/11/20
Came across this. Typical high quality listing with no proof of the claims. I got a good chuckle.

Seller can’t even identify the reference number and their only knowledge is that it was made for the Shah and YOU can call Rolex Service Center in Beverly Hills and they can allegedly verify because the seller has no proof… Imagine asking $400k for something you know nothing about or can verify?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Came across this. Typical high quality listing with no proof of the claims. I got a good chuckle.

Seller can’t even identify the reference number and their only knowledge is that it was made for the Shah and YOU can call Rolex Service Center in Beverly Hills and they can allegedly verify because the seller has no proof… Imagine asking $400k for something you know nothing about or can verify?
The seller mostly sells die cast model cars, trucks and tractors. I love how they try to compare it to Paul Newman’s Daytonas. Weird.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20

It can be easily verified.

The story behind it is true. This model was never made in that specific metal except for a special order.

If this is indeed one from that time period, then it's most likely that thing.

shocktech102

Supporter
Certified
6/11/20
It can be easily verified.

The story behind it is true. This model was never made in that specific metal except for a special order.

If this is indeed one from that time period, then it's most likely that thing.
Feel free to share where the story is so easily verifiable.

The only verifiable information is that rose gold day dates were special order.

itanalot

1/1/23
Toronto
The article invites us to check with Rolex HQ in Geneva re its authenticity... has anyone done so?

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Yellow gold.
Not verifiable.
99,9% not Shahs DD.

Companies that specialize in these kinds of collectibles will have a full story and a papertrail.
Chances that a random dude got his hands on this is next to nothing. And even if I five him the benefit of the doubt, askin this much for zero information is a classic scam for ppl with more money than sense.

Reactions: itanalot

shocktech102

Supporter
Certified
6/11/20
Verifiable through Rolex by photos is my favorite. Claims it was sent in, but
The article invites us to check with Rolex HQ in Geneva re its authenticity... has anyone done so?
Feel free to reach out to Geneva or Beverly Hills and have them verify some eBay listing… aka, not gonna happen. The only verification one will likely receive is yea we sold watches to the Shah in rose gold. Seller likely got duped thinking he scored big only to find out it’s a run of the mill YG day date and is trying to pull one over on a very stupid, but very wealthy buyer. If this watch was what it was claimed to be, it’d likely sell at a private auction not on eBay with their weak “authenticity guarantee”.

Reactions: itanalot