• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Save an 18th Birthday Donation

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
My friend Dutchy from RWG has recently had what for us is the worst possible experiance......

Hi guys.

Alright, So I have just turned 18 (last week) and with my brithday money jumped onto some purchases on watches (of course). All went fine, went on a trip to help paint some orphanage houses here in the country, working hard to come back to my arrived package. I grabbed it from the kitchen table... it felt a little light (TNT package)....surprised, I opened it up.....EMPTY. All packaging was ripped open on the inside (the TNT plastic case and cardboard box carefully sealed so you cant see it was tampered with). Obviously it was done professionally, closed with care as for you to receive it, and rip it open so that the company can say "we believe you received it, seeing the pacakage was opened, blah blah blah ....I was ready with with excitement ready to take pictures for the forum for my first official purchase....

Yep, there goes my Asian VC Overseas, Asian Royal Oak S/S and my Submariner LV ETA I ordered.

Some employee stole it apparently. Thinking you're safe with a tracking number and pay $$$ for service? And you get this. I was feeling so good and had a great time painting those houses with school friends of mine as a project.

S*it happens. I bet the guy who stole it probably stole for a reason as the minimum wage is 160 dollars a month here, I repeat 160 dollars. And as he probably doesnt know me he feels he stole from some rich kid that couldnt give less of a s*it. Just like people who rob people's houses thinking insurance covers the whole deal....guess again.

I never thought it would hurt so much though, especially when you phone them and they said they couldnt do anything (wouldnt matter anyway, package was marked "sample watch, $20" from a dealer in China I was testing out and delivered perfectly to a friend of mine, hes no scammer as many of my friends have used him no probs...guess south america isnt too good for this. Hes no seller, more of a provider of watches anyway).

Anyway, theres my rant, just needed to release some anger. You finally get money for your birthday and order a few watches, the box arrives, no customs problems....but an employee stole it....unbelieveable.

That shows, be careful. I hope some dealer can help me out a little on prices....Just hope I get my goods now. If only that guy knew how hard it was for me to throw that box out.

I know how people say "dont spend what you cant afford to lose", well....I figured..."birthday money", no customs problems, TNT with Tracking....good watch source from a friend.... and then this.....

I didnt tell anyone, just shoved the empty package in the garbage....just to get the 'feeling' out of the house.

Thanks for reading and please no "you should've known", cause I didnt....no point in bringing forth the miniscule possibility of watches getting through customs and then dissapearing....

Guess Ill have to save up again....some people huh?

Dutchy

I have set up a donation fund and if you are interested in helping out that would be much appreciated, no matter how big or small.

Before anyone asks, yes this is RWG related but I felt that this is a good way to build on the excellent community spirit we have had so far. This could be anyone of us and I for one would HATE IT, so if any of you decide to help out THANK YOU. If not no worries I undrstand.

Also the account is regulated by Randy (Ubi) and Myself so that no impropriety can be accused.

Chris

ALL Donations to [email protected]

The response from the RWG members has been excellent and I am hoping to have some excellent DS support also.

Chris

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Edge said:
The response from the RWG members has been excellent and I am hoping to have some excellent DS support also.
I'd have give here instead of there, but it was there ... and ... damn, got to go. Concert night. BBL.

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
Pugwash is an offical donator, who is now on the RWI list lol.

RWI Donation List:

Edge
Pugwash
Takashi
Roeod4
Drmmaster
Higgy
Tink131

Please post if you donate as I can't see your screen name only your email when using the donate button. PM me if you want up to you.

Chris

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
donated. 5 bucks... I really am sorry that such unfortunate incident happened.

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
All donations more than welcomed, NO donation too small thanks for getting the ball rolling here Takashi.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
no problemo. Lesson learnt, try as much as possible to avoid those courier service. They can give you headache such as custom problems, delayed package, etc. Remember the story of genuine Rollie missing and substituted with crappy replica?

Roeod4

Respected Member
14/3/06
That SUCKS! Those stupid thieving bastards! [smilie=angryfire.gif]

Dutchy is a good kid I'm in!

DrmMaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/06
Ill donate!....Tell him to drop us a line!......... :?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
He personally sent me a thank you note via the neighbouring site. He's really a fine kid... 2 years younger than me and I have experienced the same feeling as him (package get stolen).

willster

Renowned Member
15/3/06
Hey what are family for anyway

Im in...Dutchy is a great guy.....and 18th is a big one for many people...maybe we can make it a memorable one...if not happy one

same could, may have or might happen to any of us

higgy

Respected Member
Advisor
17/3/06
Hey I'm in too... Can't send much but it's already on the way 8)

Better luck with replacement!!!!!

Higgy

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Hopefully he'll get back his birthday present. Those thieves :x

Dutchy

Renowned Member
14/4/06
Thanks so much!!

Guys!!!

Sorry I didnt make it here earlier!! Thanks so much for all your kind responses! Puigwash linked me over here on the new RWG and I immediately registered of course!

Thanks so much to all of you for your unbelievable support!

All the best,
Floris

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
No problemo. We share your sentiments here. It is bad to know that your things get stolen.

Dutchy

Renowned Member
14/4/06
takashi said:
No problemo. We share your sentiments here. It is bad to know that your things get stolen.

It was rough, but with all your help and support, I thank you all!

Roeod4

Respected Member
14/3/06
Re: Thanks so much!!

Dutchy said:
Guys!!!

Sorry I didnt make it here earlier!! Thanks so much for all your kind responses! Puigwash linked me over here on the new RWG and I immediately registered of course!

Thanks so much to all of you for your unbelievable support!

All the best,
Floris

No problem Dutchy. I am glad you came over.

I can imagine how heart breaking it must have been when you opened everything up.

Dutchy

Renowned Member
14/4/06
Re: Thanks so much!!

Roeod4 said:
No problem Dutchy. I am glad you came over.

I can imagine how heart breaking it must have been when you opened everything up.

It was indeed, but also confusing....didnt know this stuff happened.

Anyway, back to happy things, you guys are great!! :D

Thanks again,
Floris