• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I want a ghost bezel sub. Who do I go to?

cleanup

SUPPORTER
1/5/12
Hey folks.

Been out of the rep game for a while after a few gens (and I'm mostly a lurker anyways). I've recently become enamoured with vintage Subs. I'm looking for something with a ghost bezel, and relatively flat, non-puffy lume. I love all sorts of patination otherwise, as long as the lume doesn't look too burnt/blown out.

Something like this:
https://bulangandsons.com/portfolio_page/curated-rolex-5513-maxi-mk2-submariner-w95/

Any advice on where to go, who to contact?

Or, if anyone has something they'd like to get rid of that they think I'd be interested, feel free to PM me. :)

Thanks guys.

D

d4m.test

If You want to start the route on a budget go with the 21j cartel versions of the 5512 and 5513 to start, got mine from Supermirrors (available with ETA too).
For aging the inserts best is to have some available (3 or more is fine) in the first place;

5513_3282.jpg

IMG_3864c.jpg

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
If You want to start the route on a budget go with the 21j cartel versions of the 5512 and 5513 to start, got mine from Supermirrors (available with ETA too).
For aging the inserts best is to have some available (3 or more is fine) in the first place;

5513_3282.jpg

IMG_3864c.jpg
Nice pics! Very nice! [emoji1] [emoji106]

Skywatch

11/1/15
I soak the inserts in bleach for about 2 minutes take out and lightly rub the surface between my fingers a few times then rinse with water.

Repeat above at about a minute or so in the bleach then rub, rinse each time till the insert is the desired shade I'm looking far.

This works well for me.

Pratt

24/4/13
Different bleach does different work. I had a bleach bezel that turn s lightest grey entire bezel in 15 secs ! N the other overnight only 10% bleach effect.
Different bezel turns different colour as well , some black to brown , some black to blue.. it's not constantly the same. But it is a pleasant surprise sometimes

junbug5150

Supporter
24/12/14
With some inserts, the coating prevents the bleach from doing anything. My WBK 1680 was like that. You can use an oven cleaner if bleach doesn't work. That said you need to rub off the color with an oven cleaner so be mindful of keeping it even throughout.

Pratt

24/4/13
With some inserts, the coating prevents the bleach from doing anything. My WBK 1680 was like that. You can use an oven cleaner if bleach doesn't work. That said you need to rub off the color with an oven cleaner so be mindful of keeping it even throughout.
If u dun want that insert already try KAO Biore bleach. Dun dilute it jus purchase a saucer depth deep in ur insert. Before u can reach for ur cigarette and light it. It's turns crazy.. there's no warning at all.

All I did was .. **** what have I done !?

Pratt

24/4/13
Which maker's bezel fades to grey best ? Using bleach..
Cartel black sub fades to brown then silver
WSO black sub fades to blue
.. wat else?

connormh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/12/14
My cartel bezel turned to blue! Guess it depends on the quality of the paint used and we can't really know