• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

the genuine custom craftsman..GUNNY!

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
most people probably turn theit thoughts towards pams, when the name gunny comes up, that goes for me too! however this rewiev is totally pamless.

when I recently started vintagizing a cheapo rolie 5513, I was surfing the web looking for the coolest nato strap, job was done fast, and shortly after I had my 5513 sitting on a bond nato from corvus!! what was the lucky side effect of my search was the discovering (for me) of leather nato straps! not the most discussed item around here, and not the largest selection around to choose from.

having looked around for while, I decided to ask the always pleasant peter gunny if he knew of any non pam strap makers, that could sell me a real nice one.
peters reply to my mail actually surprised me a bit.... leather nato troels?? dunno do ya want one?? gimme a few weeks and I get back to you!

so the dude actually goes out and gets rings and buckle for a 20mm nato and sends me a sample picture.. " is this what you want?"

I was pretty excited about the strap he made. it really looks much cooler than the few I have seen on the web.

I thought I would tell you guys about this new item on gunnys shelves and let you see some pics :)

I know that my photoskills suck ratsbehind- but I think you'll get the idea :) :)

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

I thought a few photos with the strap on my new unmodded(so far) mbk 1680 would be a cool contrast to the very smacked up 5513.

I read somewhere that the leather nato is a great solution for the sunny holidays. with only one watch and two straps you can be poolside sporty with your nylon strap in the daytime, and a bit more dressy at night, taking out the missus with the same watch on a leather strap. real quick and easy!

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

I'm really pleased with the result and the service from gunny.
thanks for looking guys.

trk.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
asked gunny if he had sold more of theese after the one for me...not a single one..
:) do yaw not realize how cool this looks in real life??

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
Looks great! I really enjoy the straps Peter made for my PAMs but never thought about getting anything like this from him. Absolutely brilliant! Thanks for sharing.