• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PP Aquanaut 5167R Rose Gold/Chocolate Brown

fastman

Horology Curious
25/4/10
Hello,

I am new to the forum and was hoping I could get some insightful advice!

Sorry for the long post!

I am thinking about purchasing the following replica the aquanaut 5167R in rose gold chocolate brown its going for $500 here
http://www.mirrorwatch.com/replica-...ber-brown-swiss-eta-2824-2-product-16521.html

Here is the original to make a comparison
http://www.patek.com/patek-philippe.html?pageId=44485&backgroundId=3&lang=en&

Now I have also seen a cheaper version that looks aesthetically identical, but I believe is cheaper due to the Japanese quartz movement.

http://www.oldewatches.com/patek-philippe-aquanaut-mens-watch-5167r-p-3836.html

So my question are
1. Is there an opinion on here as to the quality of this particular replica in chocolate brown?

Has anyone seen the replica 5167R up close and personal. How does it compare (colour of the rose gold for example) to the original which I have seen, and has a definite wow factor. If they have nt seen the original does it still have a wow factor!

2. Should I go for the Swiss ETA or Japanese Quartz is the extra money worth it in terms of overall build quality, reliabilty and time keeping.
3. To any collectors out there have found a similar price discrepancy going for the more expensive item has resulted in a better product
4. Are the prices negotiable with the dealer or are they set by the factories in China?
5. I believe Mirrorwatch or SwissMirrorWatch are on the naughty list. Anyone had any experiences with these people. They do seem to have the best selection and best website so I can only assume they got there by reputation – repeat business etc.
6. Are there any other dealers that member can recommend that could also source this watch. Having tried the recommended dealer list and links i found a number of websites of poor quality, inaccessible or the product was not available.

Many thanks to anyone who replies and a big hello to anyone who is reading. I am quite excited to tap your brains and hopefully one day I might be able to put a little something back! There are quite a few watches out there I have seen that are on the wish list!

fastman

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
My advice : stay in the list of the dealers on this forum...Ask them if they can provide you this watch (I'm sure yes if the rep is really existing...) and at a better price, better services...

Welcome on this board..:lol:

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
The best advice anyone can give you is to STICK WITH THE TRUSTED DEALERS ON THIS BOARD... (Like Yannou said)

They can get you almost anything that is existing in the market, they are TRUSTED for a reason, and they have more then competetive prices.

Stay away from the above mentioned dealers!!

.....oh, and welcome!!

// Mike

rajalinga

Horology Curious
8/3/10
Rose Gold

After asking a lot of experts on this forum, I was advised to stay away from GOLD watches.. I did and I am happy and thankful for the good advise.. FYI.. goodluck