• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SPY pic's of the first failed attempts to rep a watch.WOW!

trevor2079

Renowned Member
2/5/07
nielsen said:
The guy is a Japanese fellow who beavers away in his workshop creating these fantastic watches.

I hear that the dude only has one hand too. I shit you not.

davebs

Known Member
2/8/07
I remember reading about this guy too. Not only does he have one hand, he's also blind. He also has a harem of Japanese women who worship his mad watch making abilities (MWMAs). Tellingly, he was also the prop designer for the movie Saw II.

shadybrady

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/08
Haruo Suekichi is a steampunk watch maker. Not having any formal education in making watches, Suekichi learned how to make watches by becoming friends with a watch maker whose store was located across from the toy store Suekichi was working. Because he began making ’strange’ watches, his watch maker friend kicked him out. Haruo Suekichi has made thousands of watches, each with an individual name. And to think it all started with a one-armed man at a flea market in Japan.
2021.jpg

1541.jpg

0831.jpg

0741.jpg

shadybrady

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/08
We have to respect this man's talent..One way or another!....But yes. it still looks f--d up!

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
yes, Captain Nemo was wearing those, given to him by Jules Verne.

i think they are intresting, SCY Fi but would i wear them....??

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Guys, Haruo Suekichi does not have one arm! Try a little more research. Haruo, as has been said learnt watchmakeing while a toy store clerk by befriending the watchmaker across ther street. When he first started to sell watches they were no where near as way out. While selling at the markets one day a one armed man came up to him and complained that he could not put on a watch without help. Haruo designed and made a watch that clasped the wearers wrist when it was slid in to the band. This got him thinking on his designs.

Everything you want to know about steam punk gadgets (lots more of Haruo's watches and other stuff) here: http://www.steampunklab.com/

Col.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
AHW? You have profesed a likeing of black leather, how about this?
They'd look good with a cat women suit and a whip

Holy crap.

Even when I'm wearing my cat woman suit and carrying a whip, I still wouldn't wear those.