• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The beginnings of a PreV super rep build, a little something for the PreV lovers...

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
There seems to be some interest on PreV builds now a days with Rolli's new dials, so I have decided to take on some PreV super rep builds. So in between builds I have been putting in some time on PreV engravings on the movement. I know they are closed case watches, but I have been approached by several members who want the movement to match the watch even if it is not seen. Below is the prototype engravings, the text spacing is way off the letters are too close to each other. I have already adjusted the spacing for the next test and it seems the position is not that off, and the text size is also needs minor adjustments. The CDG is not running in the right direction on these bridges and the engravings are not as crisp, but that won't be the case on the final movement. Remember this is just the first of many before it is ready for prime time....

Here is the gen for reference

The movement will be a fully modded all Asian with the proper ETA markings

You can see the letters are just bunched up, unexceptionable! That said the fonts are correct and the positioning and size are about right, might need minor tweaking on the size of the "ADJUSTED FOUR POSITION 3126" I feel they need to be a little bigger.

Thanks for looking and more to come, and as always feedback is welcomed..........

D

d4m.test

Agreed! I have a Swiss movement in my pre v, but would like to try this one out when released.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2