• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 4500V Reps are here and they are good! What to look for in your QC.

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Just upgraded mine ZF with the silver gen dial. Did a small comparison with the black rep dial from ZF and actually it is not bad at all. However the sunburst silver gen dial really shines and makes it better :) So far no issue with the bracelet or strap - still holds together. Also the rotor is fine. However I would be more happy if it had the closed caseback :)

Thanks for sharing the guide how to replace the geb dial - was very useful!

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany
Just upgraded mine ZF with the silver gen dial. Did a small comparison with the black rep dial from ZF and actually it is not bad at all. However the sunburst silver gen dial really shines and makes it better :) So far no issue with the bracelet or strap - still holds together. Also the rotor is fine. However I would be more happy if it had the closed caseback :)

Looks great mate. I‘m also in love with my gen silver dial and gen rubber :)

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany

Reactions: butterscotchsea888

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany

Reactions: rockdaytona

ManuelCalavera

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/19
the brown dial is pretty great

the rubber strap leaves something to be desired, I never felt a gen though so not sure if it's really that different. Can anyone recommend a third party one? I see this:

Anyone have experience? Or another brand suggestion?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
the brown dial is pretty great

the rubber strap leaves something to be desired, I never felt a gen though so not sure if it's really that different. Can anyone recommend a third party one? I see this:

Anyone have experience? Or another brand suggestion?

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
Just note both of these don’t have the gen stamps on the ends. Go through a TD if you can.

photoman9988

Known Member
16/4/11
Do the Maltese Cross and datewheel on my ZF 4500v look straight? It's odd, at some angles, it looks like the cross is turned slightly to the left. Same with the datewheel, at some angles it looks like the print is not centered. It this a QC issue, or is it just my imagination?

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
Na could be a rep. Unfortunately it won’t be perfect. You can be happy it’s not something more obvious. Looks harmless otherwise.

Reactions: TESLA760

monkeypie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/08
Guys I just received my franken 4500v blue dial.
I do have to say. The rep dial is nearly indistinguishable from the gen.
Even the construction is amazing. At first I was going to ask Legend if he forgot to put the gen dial… but then I saw the small imperfections my gen dial had so I knew.
Really it is the best rep dial I have ever seen and there is NO reason to buy gen. So buy the blue dial ZF with confidence. It is an AMAZING rep

It seems one obvious flaw from the photos is that the gen dial's inner minute track has a pronounced 'step' with inner dial.

I understand the Rep has this, but to a far less pronounced degree.

Having both the gen and rep - and from your post - is this 'minute track' tell really that obvious?

Minome

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have been waiting for ZF to have a proper minuterie dial (the outer ring where minutes are). Because its a big tell not having the 60, 15, 30 and 45 min in bold like the gen.
And i have just noticed that XF is making them properly for the 2000v.

Does anyone know if theres any Rep dealer that selling 4500v from XF? I would like to check if they also got it right for the 4500v and finally get my hands on one.

Also, i found a 4500v Minuterie on ebay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125128282703?hash=item1d223a124f:g:nuIAAOSwxY1h-Qok

How can one tell its a Gen?

thank you in advance guys. Cheers.

Reactions: RepWatchApprentice