• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie Introduction

Benson

Horology Curious
28/9/10
Hey everyone. I'm new here (obviously). I've been lurking a little bit, but I figured I'd join up.

So, a little about me and why I'm here. I'm 31 and from Minnesota. Work in IT. I've wanted to get a Tag Heuer since I was like 18, and just never saved up for it. So I then looked at reps for a long time, and kept going back and forth on whether or not to buy one. Browsing through these forums, I've been tempted by some other reps now too. Specifically the PAMs, Omegas, and a Breitling here or there.

So, I'm doing some serious research now though because I'm getting married in a little over 2 weeks, so I wanted something nice to wear for the wedding. I'm debating over some of the watches for sale in the members sales thread, and possibly getting a gen Tag Formula 1 since they can be had for under $1k.

Anyway, that's about it, just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself a little. I'll likely be around quite a bit as I've always admired these nice watches, and I imagine that once I buy a rep, I'll be buying many of them.

As to the current watches I have, I've got a Citizen Eco-Drive which was a grad present from my dad, an Invicta automatic (present from my dad as well - this as my first automatic watch), a couple Fossils, and the classic G-Shock digital.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Hey welcome to the forum brother and congrats for the up-coming wedding.

Lol its tempting to get a lotof watches when you first get here ;)

I too just got married and had the same dilemma about finding a watch. I was going to get an IWc Portuguese but ended up not wearing anything. Figured photos should be more of my bride than my watch.

I would buy a seiko monster (gen) and wear that during the day on the honeymoon if your going somewhere tropical and a pam or breitling at night.

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the pending nuptials.

Benson

Horology Curious
28/9/10
Thanks guys! I didn't really even think (much) about the honeymoon. As we've been together for years (13 on the day of the wedding to be precise), and we've traveled a lot, we're going to Vegas for the honeymoon. We used to go there once or twice a year, but since we've had kids, we haven't been (so it's been 3 years). So we are heading to Vegas, we'll see a couple shows and have fun.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendations. I'm thinking a PAM is a classic nice looking watch that would go well with the tux, and would look good when out on the town as well.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Another from the frozen tundra, welcome to RWI Benson. Make sure to sign in on the link in my signature and introduce yourself to others in our region.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Dude if you're going to vegas you need a bling watch. BCE with diamond bezel!

Benson

Horology Curious
28/9/10
Alright, so I've picked up a PAM 229 and a Rolex Sub so far. I'm looking at a PAM 111 now, or maybe the 177 in Titanium. I'm leaning towards the 111 simply because I've read some bad things about the Ti case (basically that it isn't as good as it once was). I'm also looking at straps for the 229 and future 111 (or 177). I've checked out Heroic18, and Strap Culture, what other places do you guys like?

Others on my wishlist - a Jaeger LeCoultre tourbillon. Either the Master or the Regulator, either is fine, they both look great. I have been looking for reviews, but there aren't too many. So I may just wind up ordering one and posting my own review.

And the last thing, I'm thinking of buying a gen Tissot, as it is a cheap way to get a genuine Swiss.

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes!

Benson

Horology Curious
28/9/10
Alright, two more things. I just upgraded to VIP, so yay.

And I think I'm done buying for a little bit. I just payed for a Hamilton Navy GMT - so there's my genuine Swiss watch. Now I'm shopping for straps for that too (it comes with the black rubber strap). Problem is, that one is 21mm per the Hamilton site, and that's a weird one from what I see. If anyone has any recommendations, let me know. I really want a dark brown leather strap to go with it.