• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Teaser - 201a build in progress

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Been regretting selling some pre-v watches years ago. So I've been slowly accumulating parts for a few builds. This is the 201a I have in progress. It still needs a Jakob CB and needs to be reshaped.

Currents specs:
111j case
DSN CG, crown and tube
DSN case back
Belkin dial
FGD hands
H3 CP
Lugs drilled and prev 2x screw bars in place
11c0987381c845f1f56d308901e93074.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Looking forward to seeing it finished, from what I’ve read up on the pre-v base watches did not have a h3 cp. it was smaller but can’t remember wether it was h1 or h2, there is a thread somewhere on rwg

Last edited:

mir36

Known Member
5/6/09
Yeah, H2 for base and H3 for marinas, as per gen, for the thicker DSN or Rollie dials. But for base projects where you just had a thin plate, like a Belkin or old-school FGD, an H1 could work. Similarly an H2 would work for those thin Marina dials.

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
Looking forward to seeing it finished, from what I’ve read up on the pre-v base watches did not have a h3 cp. it was smaller but can’t remember wether it was h1 or h2, there is a thread somewhere on rwg
Really ? Interesting ! I wasn't aware of that. I thought they Pre V was all H3.

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
Been regretting selling some pre-v watches years ago. So I've been slowly accumulating parts for a few builds. This is the 201a I have in progress. It still needs a Jakob CB and needs to be reshaped.

Currents specs:
111j case
DSN CG, crown and tube
DSN case back
Belkin dial
FGD hands
H3 CP
Lugs drilled and prev 2x screw bars in place
11c0987381c845f1f56d308901e93074.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Beautiful build ! Like yourself, i too sold off a lot of nice PreVs i built back in the day, now regret it so much and parts are hard to find these days. This one is a beauty mate !

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
It would be nice if we could tempt someone to make a run of proper pre-v crown guards, I believe wolf did some back ion the day. im never satisfied with the ones I have.

Anyone know any cnc engineers that would fancy a crack at this?. there are blueprints for the crown guard available.

Reactions: altesporsche

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
It would be nice if we could tempt someone to make a run of proper pre-v crown guards, I believe wolf did some back ion the day. im never satisfied with the ones I have.

Anyone know any cnc engineers that would fancy a crack at this?. there are blueprints for the crown guard available.

I would be 100% down for this if we could find someone ! I'm going to have a look around for people i may know with CNC. in the mean time if someone else has time or knows someone please get involved. Id surely put up some money towards getting this done. its been a while since we had good pre V stuff.
Wolfs stuff was awesome !

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
I concur. I'm surprised night watch or someone hasn't done one yet

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
I would be 100% down for this if we could find someone ! I'm going to have a look around for people i may know with CNC. in the mean time if someone else has time or knows someone please get involved. Id surely put up some money towards getting this done. its been a while since we had good pre V stuff.
Wolfs stuff was awesome !

Did you ever find someone with the skills?

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08

I wish. The dsn new Borns are the best if you can't get a w0lf

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
It's easier to find a hens teeth nowadays...