• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TD's who do custom Rolex cards?

ToeKnee

Supporter
Certified
13/7/17
That is quite a bit of explaining for your irrelevant audience.

d9589ff3-07a3-464f-b8e1-0dac43f0e8b4_text.gif

I enjoy the banter actually. It’s amusing to watch these folks become breathless about my lack of caring about their opinions. I chalk it up to a lack of attention as toddlers. They desperately want me to care about what they think and I couldn’t care less. Everyone here buys illegal, counterfeit goods and practices in deception but I want a fake card for my real watch and I’m the shady one. The hypocrisy is hilarious. 🙄.

nom_deplume

Known Member
8/1/22
Earth
I enjoy the banter actually. It’s amusing to watch these folks become breathless about my lack of caring about their opinions. I chalk it up to a lack of attention as toddlers. They desperately want me to care about what they think and I couldn’t care less. Everyone here buys illegal, counterfeit goods and practices in deception but I want a fake card for my real watch and I’m the shady one. The hypocrisy is hilarious. 🙄.

Hilarious? First there are ''toddlers' here with gen collections that would make your eyes water. Second your being disrespectful over a serious matter which suggests you are exactly what you come across as.

Reactions: TESLA760

ToeKnee

Supporter
Certified
13/7/17
Hilarious? First there are ''toddlers' here with gen collections that would make your eyes water. Second your being disrespectful over a serious matter which suggests you are exactly what you come across as.
Why don’t you go back to the beginning and read the entire thread and see where the disrespect started. Certainly not by me. And where exactly did I say that members here didn’t have nice gen collections. Please point that out to me. You’re 0 for 2 buddy.

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
i just find it laughable that folks engaging in the buying and selling of illegal, counterfeit goods are questioning my ethics.
You've heard of "honor amongst thieves" well, there I would still consider the vast majority of long standing members here honourable, because they would not dream of passing off their rep as a geniune watch when it comes to selling it or even when asked about it by another person. Most people wear watches that they like the look of and don't care what other people think.

Having matching papers with the watch screams of someone with nefarious intentions (not that I'm saying you do necessarily) something which this forum does not look upon kindly - just take a look at The Brig where peoples true opinions on scammers is evident.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Imagine I posted a thread saying I'm looking for the CAD diagrams so I can print myself a 3D plastic gun, can anyone help.

Imagine I 'promised' that I'll only look at it on my shelf, or I protested repeatedly that the reason for asking is mine and mine alone, none of anyones business, and how dare anyone ask.

Now consider the possible absurdity of this request, the circumstances surrounding it, and the fact that one of the foundations why this forum was set up is to protect the masses from replica watches being sold as GEN.

And you're on this forum asking for help.

To an unsuspecting novice one of these 'fake' cards could appear believable, especially if coupled with an excellent franken etc.

You may have the best of intentions, or the worst, people likely dont care, but you opened yourself up to all types of replies when you posted a thread asking for information.

Opinions come with information.

The fact you dont like that people are questioning your motives is irrelevant, but I for one can understand peoples scepticism and would sooner err on the side of caution than facilitate something potentially nefarious.

Reactions: TESLA760 and Feefo

ToeKnee

Supporter
Certified
13/7/17
You've heard of "honor amongst thieves" well, there I would still consider the vast majority of long standing members here honourable, because they would not dream of passing off their rep as a geniune watch when it comes to selling it or even when asked about it by another person. Most people wear watches that they like the look of and don't care what other people think.

Having matching papers with the watch screams of someone with nefarious intentions (not that I'm saying you do necessarily) something which this forum does not look upon kindly - just take a look at The Brig where peoples true opinions on scammers is evident.
Makes complete sense and that’s a legitimate argument. My issue is that the majority of posters here have ASSUMED nefarious intentions. Buying a fake watch could come with all sorts of assumptions of fraud and deception. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I understand the concern and I understand the questioning of motives. I simply don’t care about their opinions because I know my reasons are genuine.

ToeKnee

Supporter
Certified
13/7/17
Imagine I posted a thread saying I'm looking for the CAD diagrams so I can print myself a 3D plastic gun, can anyone help.

Imagine I 'promised' that I'll only look at it on my shelf, or I protested repeatedly that the reason for asking is mine and mine alone, none of anyones business, and how dare anyone ask.

Now consider the possible absurdity of this request, the circumstances surrounding it, and the fact that one of the foundations why this forum was set up is to protect the masses from replica watches being sold as GEN.

To an unsuspecting novice one of these 'fake' cards could appear believable, especially if coupled with an excellent franken etc.

You may have the best of intentions, or the worst, people likely dont care, but you opened yourself up to all types of replies when you posted a thread asking for information.

The fact you dont like that people are questioning your motives is irrelevant, but I for one can understand peoples scepticism and would sooner err on the side of caution than facilitate something potentially nefarious.
Fair. Then just don’t respond to my request. If asking a question is forbidden in the rules I would comply. I have no way to prove my intentions are genuine so here we are.

Last edited:

ToeKnee

Supporter
Certified
13/7/17

To be fair, every watch sold here is a potential risk for fraud or deception yet everyone is given the benefit of the doubt that the watches are for their own personal use.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Bingo. We have an even worse reaction to members asking for matching documentation for a rep watch. There's only 1 reason they want it.

You may find it laughable @ToeKnee, but some of us have enough integrity to tell people our reps are fake(hell, I say my gens are fake too), we definitely won't aid in facilitating what could turn out to be a scam. Many of us have our feet in both the gen and rep groups, and it is bad enough when someone gets scammed on either side of the fence.

You could easily turn a profit on your watch if you had a full set, you say you wouldn't but we don't know that. There's been enough scammers around to think otherwise.

What you should do is find a period correct box, manual, and hang tag for your watch, then send it to Rolex Service Center and keep the receipt and documents you get from them. Then you'll have genuine documents with your genuine watch. Tell them not to polish it and all that jazz that collectors want. Then you can show it off to us while we bow down with our 55mm Invictas.

BentleyGTS8

11/5/22
Incorrect. Rolex does not re-issue warranty cards. Thus my original request.
You are correct in that Rolex will not replace the original warranty card, but the next best thing, and would much better suit a genuine watch, would be a genuine service card.