• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

help! What movement is this?

Pass

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/10/10
HI, I bought a Omega Ladymatic from a trusted dealer. He said that is a Miyota 9105? And for that I paid 20$ more than the 8215. But the balance wheel is ruin. I orded a new Miyota 8215, but that is bigger.
f2f0a9044ebc54a826c22b495aa99ef3.jpg
cf9432c0dccd1df617ee8f4ac3f6797f.jpg

Thomas_G.

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/11/12
That is no Miyota, more likely Orient or Seiko Group, the shock absorber looks familiar :) It will be hard to get a replacement for this movement. Better claim your rights at the TD...

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
I think it was a bad idea to desamble or dissect that movement for an amateur

This is how the watch initially looked like:

8ZNUtJA.jpg

dWTNGX6.jpg

Pass

28/10/10
Have anybody heard of a Miyota 9105?? I paid 20$ extra for this over a Miyota 8215.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pass

28/10/10
When we buy watches, the only way to fix them for many of us is to do it ourself. It cost $120 to send it to China. But to do so we need correct information. When it turns out that the dealer take extra money from you for a movement that is unknown then it makes it very difficult to fix it. I paid extra because I thought that I have been given a better movement than 8215. But it went 5 minutes slow per day, I have a expensive time machine. When I tried to regulate it a bit, the balance wheel feather was ruined. I have fixed my movement for five years, and never experienced a bad movement like this.

Pass

28/10/10
Thank you. I don't now, the dealer stated that it was a Miyota 9105, I have bought a new 8215, but that didn't match.

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Miyota 9015 is a well known non hacking movement that only winds in one direction, so it can sound a bit noisy if you decide that swirling it in your hand, like you might have done with the ETA movements. The Miyota 9015 is a Japanese made (if it's real and not a clone,) and found in Citizen, Bulova and their Accutron pieces. They can be COSC accurate and certified. They are thinner than previous self winding A7750, and they have a high beat, 28,800 bph, non-hacking second automatic movement.

I'm familiar with Swiss hacking movements but I rarely work on them anymore due to the need for reading glasses and a loupe type visor required and I can have a slight tremor in my right hand. Not good when servicing small pieces, especially getting screwed places correctly.

I certainly would start pulling my watches apart that have them. I just ordered on from Helson. The ETA moratorium has everything moving towards modified in-house, Sellita who are unbelievably back ordered and swamped even though they could have ramped up production. The Miyota 9015 is a well known quality movement that deals a bit differently with shocks compared to the Swiss and Asian ETA clones.

I would suggest waiting for more information to be posted and get a broken movement to practice on, in order to get familiar with Miyota.

Still if a TD states that you are paying for a Miyota 9 series and you end up with a different movement with questionable issues, get in touch with the TD. I personally would never ship back to China. Customs seizure is highly probable. My local watchsmith and friends jewelry store started carrying Bulova and their higher end Accutron. His dad, the watchmaker trained in both Italy and Switzerland is starting to disassemble and service these movements that are out of warranty. When warranty is in effect he sends them back to Bulova.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!