• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Grand Carrera Calibre 36 DLC: Missing "200" on tachymetre scale bezel

thisismynick

27/12/10
Hi all,

as said in another thread, lucky me got one of the pretty decent Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 36 DLC reps.

But other than the normal version, the DLC version of that watch has an odd flaw: On the tachymetre scale on the bezel the "200" is missing; there is only a white "0" engraved/painted. Not so smart...

Does anyone have an idea which modder/who (on the forum?) would be able to iron that flaw out, i.e. perfectly engraving the missing "2" and "0" to complete the "200" and whitening the figures out? (I'm located in the EU by the way)

Thanks in advance & cheers

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
last time i checked EU is pretty big place.
be a bit more specific and people will be able to recommend

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
Sounds a little too complicated. Why don't you just replace the bezel with one that has the correct engraving?

I just sold mine to 05tbowner, and I think he has it up for resale (pictured).

tag002.jpg

He's asking less than $100 USD, so it'd probably be a good deal for you. I don't think anyone's going to pull the bezel, mount it, engrave it (with the correct font), finish it (with the correct paint), and replace it for less than that. Plus shipping two ways. Just swap the bezel and be done. :)

thisismynick

27/12/10
Um...sounds too good to be true?! How come this rep has a correct "200" and mine doesn't?

Is that maybe one of the quartz reps? If so, will the bezel fit on my version with A7750 mvmt.? The quartz version looks quite different in the details, dial, date wheel color etc.

=> Does anybody know if the case/bezel is identical in both versions? <=

Sounds a little too complicated. Why don't you just replace the bezel with one that has the correct engraving?

I just sold mine to 05tbowner, and I think he has it up for resale (pictured).

tag002.jpg

He's asking less than $100 USD, so it'd probably be a good deal for you. I don't think anyone's going to pull the bezel, mount it, engrave it (with the correct font), finish it (with the correct paint), and replace it for less than that. Plus shipping two ways. Just swap the bezel and be done. :)

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
Don't know. And unfortunately, I see that someone already bought it from him.

Sorry man.

But maybe you can find one with the same case size/movement?

Good luck.

Will

kan3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/11
I asked a dealer if the quartz/auto's bezel can be swapped. The answer was no...... I am going to buy the auto version too, can anyone please give some suggestions?

@thisismynick, congrats on your watch, a question is the dial black in color or is it blue?

Thank you.

thisismynick

27/12/10
I asked a dealer if the quartz/auto's bezel can be swapped. The answer was no...... I am going to buy the auto version too, can anyone please give some suggestions?

@thisismynick, congrats on your watch, a question is the dial black in color or is it blue?

Thank you.

It's a black dial: AFAIK the only colour there is/was with the gen. It may appear a li'l blue-ish from some angles due to the crystal's AR coating ;)

If you are interested in this specific watch, maybe this thread is of some interest to you:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/any-good-grand-carrera-caliber-74684?t=74684

kan3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/11
Thank you bro. I already asked a question in that thread, still waiting for a reply :p

Thank you.