• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Genuine bracelet thoughts and one Finished FRUPO

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I finished my Franken UPO with a genuine bracelet some weeks ago. I bought it from Ebay, the price was decent and it is in a pretty good condition.

I think the bracelet is genuine but I would like to have your thoughts too. I did try to search but I cannot find a comparison over a gen and rep bracelets.

So here's some eyecandy at the same time while you are judging :)

Gen dial, hands, datewheel, crystal, whole functioning bezel, gen ETA movement, he valve, tube and crown, bracelet.

And NO, I don't need a gen caseback, this is ok now :)

Maybe someone finds these pictures handy when checking what is wrong with out of the box rep UPO. I would say: pearl is not centered on the triangle. Dial base black color just black, gen has some sparkle on it. Date window wrong, does not have the same kind of edges that gen has. AR poor. Orange color tone may be a bit different. Of course lume.

IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
The whole watch is gen!!! hehe

Nice shots there my friend!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Great franken sunny, looks the business! The bracelet is most definitely gen. The clasp engravings, stampings and the cut of the endlink lines and fit is too good not to be ;)
Congrats on a great job!

drabbits

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/12
duuude, love the pics! perfect macro shots. That band looks gen. the laser etching of the brand and model are crisp and deep. do the links feel nice and tight or are they loose like the rep. bands? my gen. band was nice tight but loosened up over time.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Thanks guys, now I am 100 % confident too! What about those rounds marks on the polished sides of the links? I have not noticed those on reps. Are those something that you can directly tell it's a gen?

duuude, love the pics! perfect macro shots. That band looks gen. the laser etching of the brand and model are crisp and deep. do the links feel nice and tight or are they loose like the rep. bands? my gen. band was nice tight but loosened up over time.

Thanks mate! I took those with my very very old Canon Ixus60. Links feel tighter and better than rep but to be honest, comparing rep and gen side by side I have to say rep is very well done. Normally I cannot feel any difference when the watch is on my hand, only when I open the clasp.

Boneventura

Known Member
16/12/11
This looks great sunny! Way too big for my girly wrist :). But you mean swiss eta right? Or did you really get a co-axial?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sunnydale

29/8/09
This looks great sunny! Way too big for my girly wrist :). But you mean swiss eta right? Or did you really get a co-axial?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi mate, yes swiss eta :) I like my watches big :)

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
That is one helluva watch! Betcha can't help checking out your own wrist when it's on, right? Wear it in good health......:cheers:

sunnydale

29/8/09
That is one helluva watch! Betcha can't help checking out your own wrist when it's on, right? Wear it in good health......:cheers:

Thanks! I love to wear it almost everywhere and sometimes I have to check what time is it :) It will be a battle after I get my IWC 5002 Franken finished, which one will get more wrist time...atm I would say IWC will win :(

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I dunno what those round marks are, not an oem included feature though :) I have seen the odd mark similar to that on 2nd hand gen bracelets before, specifically a 2254 bracelet I once had. It may be related to link changing vice or other vice where the bracelet was placed in at one time or another, possibly for refinish etc? Nothing to be concerned about either way. Enjoy the watch, it's a cracker!

sunnydale

29/8/09
I dunno what those round marks are, not an oem included feature though :) I have seen the odd mark similar to that on 2nd hand gen bracelets before, specifically a 2254 bracelet I once had. It may be related to link changing vice or other vice where the bracelet was placed in at one time or another, possibly for refinish etc? Nothing to be concerned about either way. Enjoy the watch, it's a cracker!

Thanks for the explanation, sounds good!

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
MY my lovely!
How much for all parts mate?
Sell it now to ebay!
I kid!!
wear in good health!

sunnydale

29/8/09
MY my lovely!
How much for all parts mate?
Sell it now to ebay!
I kid!!
wear in good health!

Thanks! Cost has been around 1500 euros total with all the parts and work so not so cheap :) I bought the bezel and the bracelet used but all the other parts are new.

Some members have asked about the complete bezel change. There is no 45.5 mm model that takes the gen bezel, it has needed modifications to work properly. Easier to just use a gen bezel insert with a rep bezel.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Well like everyone else has said, great looking franken! People have been building these PO frankens for quite sometime now. Still...everytime I look at someone's new build it's like looking at a PO franken for the first time!

Thanks for sharing :)

sunnydale

29/8/09
Well like everyone else has said, great looking franken! People have been building these PO frankens for quite sometime now. Still...everytime I look at someone's new build it's like looking at a PO franken for the first time!

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks mate for your kind words! Even after wearing this for the whole work week, I can't stop staring it in the late Friday evening :)

ayubgantz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/9/12
All I can say is WOW. That is absolutely stunning. You should be proud of yourself and wear it likewise. :)

drabbits

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/12
bloody brilliant watch, when I finally adopt a UPO I'm raising to be just like your f/GPO!!
Which gen eta did you use?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07

I am 99% in agreement with you on the crop circles. Probably a vice or tool mark.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I am 99% in agreement with you on the crop circles. Probably a vice or tool mark.

crop circles :) good description ;) , yeah it's strange cos I knew I saw them somewhere before, was only guessing also on the vice or tool mark but it does seem to fit.