• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Swiss" ETA / Asian Superclones / Asian Clones - What's the best choice?

GenTLe

Known Member
18/6/14
Its all about being able to source parts if anything goes wrong. Most watchmakers wont work on an asian movement. And sourcing parts for them sucks... They might not fit and there are always problems. An eta is certified. So every piece is easy to find and easy to replace. And nobody will refuse to work on an eta.
I regularly use gen ETA parts to fix A2824, A2836, A2892 and A2834...

Inviato dal mio VIE-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Its all about being able to source parts if anything goes wrong. Most watchmakers wont work on an asian movement. And sourcing parts for them sucks... They might not fit and there are always problems. An eta is certified. So every piece is easy to find and easy to replace. And nobody will refuse to work on an eta.

Literally, EVERYTHING you said is incorrect. ETA parts are all swappable with their asian counterparts and the servicing is identical.

London_slumdog

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/17
Hey folks. thanks for the good read. sorry if im rehashing something thats been asked already. If I am getting a manual wind is there anything in particular I should look for?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Hey folks. thanks for the good read. sorry if im rehashing something thats been asked already. If I am getting a manual wind is there anything in particular I should look for?

Nope. They are rock solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackcalf

Known Member
5/6/17
Madrid
Hi
I order Daytona with Asian 7750, it was difficult to start it, I had to winding manual full charge. But it work like 1 hour and stop. Dealer sad code it's new and it normal, don't have enough power.
Somebody had same problem ?

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
Hi
I order Daytona with Asian 7750, it was difficult to start it, I had to winding manual full charge. But it work like 1 hour and stop. Dealer sad code it's new and it normal, don't have enough power.
Somebody had same problem ?

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

A7750 are notoriously unreliable movements. I try to stay away at all cost. There are certain precautions you need to take when setting the date, time, and for winding.

However, I would give it a good shake and just put it on your wrist. Your simple wrist movement will keep it going. Now if it dies while on your wrist, there may be a problem.

We do have some modders who will work on A7750, but it isn't going to be cheap.

GenTLe

Known Member
18/6/14
A7750 are notoriously unreliable movements. I try to stay away at all cost. There are certain precautions you need to take when setting the date, time, and for winding.

However, I would give it a good shake and just put it on your wrist. Your simple wrist movement will keep it going. Now if it dies while on your wrist, there may be a problem.

We do have some modders who will work on A7750, but it isn't going to be cheap.
Not exactly true in my view. Standard 7750 or modified 7750 BUT With SECONDS AT 9 are ok.
The problems start with the ones that have the running seconds moved into other positions like the daytona with sec at 6. The modifications they have done are crap (at least there is one gear running with no jewels) and therefore they have low amplitude, scarse Power reserve and sooner or later they are gonna stop...
Plus none in his fully functional mind will service them as the results are not always good and the probability to break something is very high.
If you need a daytona, the thin case ones with fake chronograph and 23j movement are the ones to choose (they are from JFactory). Until they will manage to create a proper movement.

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
Not exactly true in my view. Standard 7750 or modified 7750 BUT With SECONDS AT 9 are ok.
The problems start with the ones that have the running seconds moved into other positions like the daytona with sec at 6. The modifications they have done are crap (at least there is one gear running with no jewels) and therefore they have low amplitude, scarse Power reserve and sooner or later they are gonna stop...
Plus none in his fully functional mind will service them as the results are not always good and the probability to break something is very high.
If you need a daytona, the thin case ones with fake chronograph and 23j movement are the ones to choose (they are from JFactory). Until they will manage to create a proper movement.

Yes I should have made that clear. A7750's, but not the Sec @ 9.

tomsprice

27/1/17
loads of useful info in this thread, wish I had known all these before.

cjohns

Known Member
15/9/10
USA
I purchased a JF 214270 with a Nickel Plated Asia Clone 3132 . It runs fairly well just a tad fast but it is not so good when it comes to setting the time ,,real choppy hard to set when I try to slowly set it to a minute marker...some times it takes several times.Funny thing is I have 2 6+ year old Explorer reps both with high beat movements and they are both great ! So what's with the 3132 movement ? Are they crap ??

bingodalian

8/8/15
To be honest, no matter where the movement was made, it won't be off the accuracy too much, and, for the automatic watch, we basically seek for the model the appearance.

thabombdotcom

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
5/8/17
To me a gen eta isunbeatable. But it never comes from china. Ever, dont be fooled.

tomjnt

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
1/1/16
Europe
My experience with replica watches is very bad.I bought in last year 6 watches from different trusted dealer,but every wristwatch had a problem sooner or later,and I had to return it for repair.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
My experience with replica watches is very bad.I bought in last year 6 watches from different trusted dealer,but every wristwatch had a problem sooner or later,and I had to return it for repair.

I think replica watches aren't for you. Just my guess. Which exact watches did you buy?

tomjnt

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
1/1/16
Europe
I think replica watches aren't for you. Just my guess. Which exact watches did you buy?
1)Omega PO Baselworld 2016 with Miyota 8215/claps fail,bracelet fail,AR coating fail,rotor does not fill
2)Omega PO with a2824/claps broken,bracelet fail,AR coating fail,movement does not work
3)Panerai Daylight with a7753/subdial on 3' position does not work,
4)Ulysse Nardin with a7750/tested by watchsmith,is not 50m water resist
5)IWC chrono with a7750/by chrono function the clockwise or the subdial moves for 2 minutes,not 1,not water resist.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Good luck finding a Chinese a7750 chronograph watch that is water resistant out of the box [emoji23]

Hardly any of them are and if they are its more by luck than judgement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk