• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Big Pilot 5009 vs 5004 vs 5002 Reps

Asclepius

Horology Curious
14/6/15
Hi Everyone,

Recently joined the forum and have been reading up on the information posted here by everyone. I've been a long time IWC admirer but never had an opportunity to make a purchase or see a gen in person. I've been looking at the Big Pilot rep posted by forum members and immediately fell in love with it.

I am looking for a bit more help on what to expect during the transaction process with the dealer, which dealer is more helpful for a newbie ordering for the first time and opinions of which Big Pilot rep members are purchasing. This will be my first watch and I am looking forward to this experience.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Greetings.
Glad to hear you've been reading.
I don't believe the BP5009 is repped - but it's simply a 5004 with slightly upgraded crown tubes - or something similar to that (internal changes, nothing external I don't believe.)
5004 is more modern/sporty with no big 9 numeral. 5002 is more classic/military/traditional.

I'd choose InTime/Ryan ;)

Inbetweener

Known Member
22/1/15
Ryan at Intime. I'm newish to this game and my first two purchases were with him. Email him with your questions, you'll get a prompt reply and if you buy a smooth transaction and quick dispatch.

Asclepius

Horology Curious
14/6/15
Thanks Inbetweener. I also read of your recent experience with Ryan procuring the 5004. That has given me a level of confidence. Can you share what swayed your decision towards the 5004 vs. 5002? I noticed Ryan offers both models.

I am leaning towards a more accurate rep.

Thanks.

otgrider

Known Member
19/2/14
I recently got a 5004 from ryan and it was a hassle free experience,quick to source and send out the watch and was not irked by my petty issues during the qc process. also his version had a closer to gen lume