• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex SSD

BS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/09
Hey all,

Newbie here looking to purchase 1st SSD today. I've narrowed it down to Hont, Watch Eden, or Timeshopnet. I have not heard from Hont so I'm down to the other two. Any suggestions?

Thanks

BS

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Don't forget to quote the $20 voucher number on the front page of WE if you go with Tony.
You're not in the EU are you?

Col.

BS

14/4/09
No I'm in US - Both places are offering free shipping but Time shop net will cost 270 vs 295 Watch Eden. I know that's not much but I'm more concerned with quality/service ETC

BS

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Can you link to the two watches? The're proberly the same watch tho that is a fair price difference so I'd want to see them before saying go with TS.

Col.

kitersoze

26/11/08
295 from WE with the $20 discount?
either way, mark from timeshops and tony from WE both drop ship i believe, so there's no qc. but they're both very good w/ after-buy customer service, as you can tell from their trade reviews. lots of members here buy from them, and they both seem to be on their game currently.

if you want some qc, then you might want to wait 'til hont gets back to you. he'll actually handle yr watch n email pics of the actual watch fr yr approval b4 shipping it out.

good luck.

BS

14/4/09
I'm trying very hard to wait for Hont but as you know I can't wait to get it....

Thanks 4 the Info

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
No, possibily not the same. One claims to be a working HE valve and the other dummy. Where are out tame SSD experts? Fellas? Proberley a less than 100% chance of them houseing gen ETA's either and even less of it being Swiss.
Actualy that is a fairly blatent LWL if they arn't gen ETA. Anyone know what's in these?

Col.

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Wait patiently for Hont, All I can tell you that you will be plesantly suprised with the price...

BS

14/4/09
Does anyone really order the box and paperwok?

watchman1

Renowned Member
21/11/06
BS said:
Does anyone really order the box and paperwok?

I've never seen the need to order those and I can't seem to recall people clamoring for them; they will always be there should you want to order them in the future.

watchman1

Renowned Member
21/11/06
BS said:
Sorry but who is Joshua?

Joshua used to be a trusted dealer on this forum but no longer. His watches are nice but he is known for not always giving you the advertised movement described in watch descriptions (one example of why he is no longer a trusted dealer)

chano79

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/1/09
watchman1 said:
BS said:
Sorry but who is Joshua?

Joshua used to be a trusted dealer on this forum but no longer. His watches are nice but he is known for not always giving you the advertised movement described in watch descriptions (one example of why he is no longer a trusted dealer)

at least I was lucky, I just receive my SSD from Joshua and look to be the mvt he advertised, How to know?

watchman1

Renowned Member
21/11/06
chano79 said:
watchman1 said:
BS said:
Sorry but who is Joshua?

at least I was lucky, I just receive my SSD from Joshua and look to be the mvt he advertised, How to know?

One way would be to open the back of the watch, post the pictures, and let our resident experts have a look.