• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Superocean ii 44 by GF availability (A17392)

Cloudzex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/20
Victoria
Hello all,

Recently fell in love with the old superocean ii 44mm and have reached out to 2 ADs been told that it's not available.
I have been able to order an avenger GMT made by GF last year without any problem.

I almost settled with the TF version but the font on the bezel is quite ridiculous. The font is way too thick and the color is off (should be a brushed metallic finish).

Wondering if anyone has been able to purchase this recently, and would like to know if GF is still around.

Thanks

peter4103

1/7/17
European Union
Nope, tried to procure various Breitling models from GF from a number of TDs and they are all not available. Only thing they have is TF and I agree with you, not great quality.

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
I have the noob black dial it is flawless. Probably my best rep. OTB

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
3h1qYE.jpg

mjgfhy

26/9/16
I was told yesterday by Andrew at Trusty that a Blackbird V4 could be ordered from GF factory. Not sure if that means they are still around though?

peter4103

1/7/17
European Union
I had a similar reply from my TD on the GMT and then it wasn’t available after all. It’s always a bit of hit and mis.

Cloudzex

2/6/20
Victoria
I was told yesterday by Andrew at Trusty that a Blackbird V4 could be ordered from GF factory. Not sure if that means they are still around though?
Honestly no idea. It might simply be that they have a lot of blackbird in stock

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I have the noob black dial it is flawless. Probably my best rep. OTB
Whilst nicely made its not the most accurate rep, dial and dial insert are completely different colour which is so far from the gen:cry:

Cloudzex

2/6/20
Victoria
One of the AD replied that this watch is available for order. Hopefully its not bait & switch.

Will keep you guys updated.

Cloudzex

2/6/20
Victoria
A quick update: The GF version is not available at the moment, but a new batch will be available in 2-3 months.

Reactions: Bob2k