• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Superocean Heritage gen dial + lume job

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I want to thank Domi for doing a great job with my Heritage! He changed the dial to gen which I bought from Ebay and also relumed the hands to match the gen lume. The lume is 1:1 to dial and it glows! My first modded watch so I am really excited!

Unfortunately he could not do the AR this time so the watch will next go to Uwe. The gen dial makes a huge difference although the AR is not done yet.

And a crappy picture of the watch and old dial:

IMG_3650.jpg

Thanks Domi!

Sunnydale

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
Damn, I didn't realise you could pick up gen dials!

I will need to keep an eye out...

What did the dial cost, if you don't mind me asking? :)

sunnydale

29/8/09
Damn, I didn't realise you could pick up gen dials!

I will need to keep an eye out...

What did the dial cost, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Hi Mate,

There's one for sale again:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BREITLING-O...187?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5f220d5b

The price was pretty much the same as I ordered mine some time ago. It really does a difference! And should be 100% gen. I also know where to get gen hands if you need (at least some time ago they were available).

Sunnydale

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
Blimey, not that cheap for a dial! Good value compared to the cost of a gen watch though :)

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
It looks awesome!

But... am I the only one who really can't see a difference between the two dials in the pic?
Based on what I can see, I'm not sure I could justify the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PecMan

4/5/09
of course there is a difference , if u mean about the quality , well , then i agree with u , a better picture would help

sunnydale

29/8/09
Maybe I will post a better picture later but the basic differences are: misaligned lume dots, 12 o'clock markers too close, misaligned P and A in superocean/Automatic. My watch is version 1, the next versions have some things better for the dial, some aren't. And one thing that I noticed is the ground color of the dial, it is completely different in gen dial.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
The lume dots all day long.

Same with all the avengers. Damn rep factories.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Just to show you folks how it finally looks:

IMG_3687.jpg

And the amazing lume that lasts and lasts:

IMG_3684.jpg

Compared to Hublot:

IMG_3681-1.jpg

I am really satisfied with the results and it seems that Hublot will stay in the box a lot...