• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Superfranken Milgauss

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
I’ve been on this project for years. It’s a dlc pro hunter with gen dial and gen green crystal. Waterproofed and serviced vrf 3130. It needs gen hands but the pinions don’t allow them to clear the dial. I’ve read and read but doesn’t seem anyone has replaced the parts in one of these to allow for gen hands. Can anyone point out the parts needed to allow this? I’ve reached out to a couple watchmakers here on the forum and if I got an answer it was basically leave it alone. I’m no watchmaker but I think it’s cannon pinion, minute pinion and second pinion? The watch is really kick ass and it deserves to be complete.

unagi

God Luck and Good Speed
Patron
Certified
18/9/18
USA
Also curious about this build and anxious to see more photos

cheshire190

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/22
Have you thought about getting the gen second hand tube modified rather than replace movement parts?

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Not sure what you mean. If I had the gen second hand modded I would still have the other two hands to contend with.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I can see how with all you have done you want to take it over the finish line with gen hands- but it looks pretty amazing as it is!

I assume the watchmakers are saying there is no easy switch out with a cannon pinion and other wheels for the hands?

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Love the gen Green crystal. Its on my wish list for my ARF Z Blue Milgaus. ( assuming its a direct fit , some conjecture on this )

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Not sure if he is still around but @Grimlocktime built many a fine Franken Milgaus and might have some ideas about the gen handset options.

unagi

God Luck and Good Speed
Patron
Certified
18/9/18
USA
Thanks for updating us with new pics, that crystal is stunning!

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Thanks everyone, so I remember Grimlock time and he basically did the same thing I did, never took it further than I have. As far as watchmakers I have been straight blown off, I’m told “sure I can get the parts too” and never get another response. I’ve also heard the hands will hit the crystal, highly doubt it. I’m at the point where I’m willing to take the risk and buy the parts. If it doesn’t work it doesn’t work, at least I can end the journey.

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
I do know a member here that had a Zblue Milgauss built from an ARF. Everything was gen except the case so I think it will fit. His issue was the dial feet to thr movement as the ARF isn’t gen spec inside the case. SFbatman is his tag. Haven’t spoken for a while.

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Waiting on my gen handset, hopefully my plan will come together.

Reactions: unagi