• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

suggestions on Seiko 6309-7290 slim turtle

lost-cavalier

prisoner of time
Supporter
Certified
5/11/22
This was my first automatic bought some years ago now and is a Seiko 6309-7290 (known as the "slim turtle") that has had the "Apocalypse Now" mod - simply a new dial (that blocks the day) to look like the larger turtle from the film of the same name

I'll apologise now for how badly it needs a clean! I just don't use it - I now find it slightly small after getting used to larger pieces so pondering what to do with it - it needs a service as runs slow, and if I'm having this done anyway is it worth replacing with original dial and hands? is it fine as it is or should I go for a pepsi bezel?

Just after some thoughts / opinions - ultimately I'll be getting it ready to move on, just undecided on best course of action to take (could just leave it as is and give someone a relatively easy refurb/mod project)

zu7WoP.jpg

Dino2018

Patron
Certified
14/3/18
The Seiko 6309-7290 was produced between 1976 and 1988, so is now a nice vintage watch. I would put back to its original dial and hands, service it and enjoy in the summer. At 42mm is not so small by any means! It has some cult following so could be easily be sold in the net.

Reactions: lost-cavalier